September 20, 2013

LEARN THE @#$%ing LESSON!

SCHOOL was in session tonight!

I hope Chip Kelly took notes tonight, because he was just beaten for the second time in a row with the exact same script:

A) Time Of Possession

B) Runs up the gut

C) Short passes to the flat

D) Alex Smith completed 62.8% of his passes

E) Frequently faking injuries to slow our Offense and make subs

This was the San Diego game all over again. I told Spotella last week that eventually the NFL would catch up to Kelly's "vaunted" system and then he'll have to actually coach. Using Steve Spurrier as a model, I gave it about 5 weeks. Since Kelly tipped his hand actually running it in the preseason, EVERYONE got a look at it starting then. 4 preseason games and the Foreskins game is exactly how long? 

MAN, I'M TIRED OF BEING RIGHT!

Like I said before (and soon you'll start hearing it), it's basically the Run n' Shoot with a lot of hurry-up thrown in. There's also the side gimmick of the QB faking play-action which freezes a Safety and keeps him from filling his run fit, which is why the RB always has a back door. 

If I can spot that from my couch, then every coach in the NFL (even assistants) can spot it. So the jig is up. Now the time has come to see if Kelly can adapt to his new environment, or if he's going to start eyeing the door to easier pastures.

9 Comments:
  • Dude were you watching the same game as me? You don't turn the ball over 4 times and expect to win.

Tonight Vick has proven me right yet again. That pick six to Berry, he was staring down Celek the entire time. It was as easy to read as an open book and he was there were defenders on the route like flies on a dog turd. It's the kind of noob move you'd expect from a JV High School QB not a freaking 10+ year vet.

It had nothing to do with the system and everything to with execution. Off base and just plain Inaccurate. Just like Vick's passes. What else is new?

P.S. You claim to have played this game? I call BS on that.
  • No one is saying that FOUR turnovers won't get you beat 90 times out of 100; but in case you failed to notice it and aren't DELIBERATELY being obtuse just to start some $hit (which you won't by the way), every point I made 'A' through 'E' was about what the CHIEFS did. Their game plan was the same as San Diego's and the result was the same. (BTW: WE had the edge in turnovers 2-0 vs the Bolts. I dunno, maybe turnovers don't matter as much as points.)

But yes, there was a considerable amount of the EAGLES beating themselves going on tonight.

As far as what you call B.S. on, feel free! You being wrong doesn't change reality, so why should I be upset?
  • Strong words. You're a real poet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the re-re who thinks we shouldn't "waste" a pick on a franchise QB just b/c Chip Kelly is head coach?

I'm pretty sure if you were to tell a fan of any team who doesn't have a strong franchise QB, that taking Bridgewater or Boyd with a top 5 pick is a waste b/c of their head coach, they'd laugh in your idiotic face.
  • I am one of the people who says that we shouldn't take a QB that this coach can't develop into an NFL caliber player.

As far the name calling and trying to pick a fight, as of recently I've come to enjoy discussing the EAGLES or the RAIDERS and NOT myself on here. SO in that vein, we're done here.
  • Nice breakdown Flip. This is the NFL and coaches are picking up on Kelly. I saw it too from my couch. Very predictable.
  • I think Flip you are basically right with the coaching being picked up. I expect some evoultion of his hurry read option but havent seen it. The defense played half decent for 3 1/2 quarters against an average offense. Thats a good thing but we have to really look at this roster and ask is this what championship calibur teams are made of? And its glaringly obvious that we have a slow team that lacks size and depth. The WR position is absolute fiasco. Is there anyone the Eagles can get right now that could help jackson, Vick and McCoy out?
  • I understand skepticism but I want to give Chip a chance. We know there was a lot of hype around Kelly but why act suprised. The Eagles have been the biggest self promoters for years and it works. They tap that well whenever they choose. This is a slick owner. Thats the only way to put it. Lurie is a for profit owner. He knows what sells and is willing to cut against the grain to do something different. Yes he uses gimmicks. Yes he uses the media. And yes he uses the fans.
  • Be careful FLip! I think Eagleslife is Easyeagles. It kills him that you have him blocked and nobody will talk to him.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

10 players who will make their first Pro Bowl in 2014

Gallery: The best of July

Most pathetic NFL teams of modern era

NFL players already out for the season

Worst players to get HoF votes since 2004

Gallery: The best of Anastasia Ashley

College football's celebrity fans

Career moment of each HoF inductee

One question for every NFL team heading into camp

10 best play calls from the 2013 college football season

Most controversial NFL suspensions

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.