May 05, 2013

lets see if I get the ignore treatment on this blog?

A positive story in sports?? Leave a reply

Adopted brothers reunite on Pats

Found 9 hours ago on Helmet2Helmet: Yardbarker Blogger Network

PLAYERS: Nick McDonald
TEAMS: New England Patriots

From Helmet2Helmet:

You’ll often hear players use cliches to describe their teammates as “family” or the roster being a “band of brothers.”

In the case of Chris and Nick McDonald, it’s not just a hackneyed saying.

Shortly after the draft, guard Chris McDonald signed with the Patriots, joining his brother, Nick, a guard who’s been with New England for the past two seasons.

Both broke into the league as undrafted free agents. Both play the same position on the same team. Both are fulfilling their NFL dreams.

But there’s a fascinating twist to the McDonald brothers’ story: They’re reuniting after being adopted by separate families during their teenage years.

“My brother is [an inspiration],” Chris said, via ESPNBoston.com. “But it’s on me. My brother being in the NFL is not going to help me stay in the NFL and I have to do whatever it takes for myself.”

Chris, a Michigan State alum and All-Big Ten honorable mention last year, was among the 19 free agents picked up by the Pats. He considers it an honor just to be a part of the program.

“It’s not even just Nick, I see every single guy here,” Chris said. “There’s a lot of [rookie] free agents on this team that have played and I’m truly blessed to be a part of a program that has free agents and have played a lot and it just shows that you have to work hard and do whatever it takes.”

While Chris and Nick McDonald aren’t locks to survive training camp cuts — let alone make the final roster — it wouldn’t be the first time brothers successfully teamed up. In 2009, Stacy and Shawn Andrews started alongside each other on the Eagles’ offensive line, becoming a formidable duo.

And if the McDonald’s experience the same result, it’d be a remarkably fitting chapter in their Hollywood-like story.
My Title was a play on words, I said it meaning about all the  bad news we read and hear about nearly everyday???

2 Comments:
  • "Stacy and Shawn Andrews started alongside each other on the Eagles’ offensive line, becoming a formidable duo."
    Not true. they never actually played together, because Stacy stunk and Sean went crazy. Helping the process Andy Reid thought it was a good idea to switch their positions. One of the many early signs Reid had lost it.
  • thanks for your comment
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Rams release Michael Sam

Stephen Hill's agent blames Sanchez, Tebow for release

Report: Beckham injured avoiding paparazzi

Ohio State TE wearing Braxton Miller's number

Bills sign Kyle Orton

Meet the 2014-15 Oregon cheerleaders

Pelini: Marijuana use is ‘out of control’

Highlights from Eli Manning's AMA

NFL suspends Aldon Smith for 9 games

Giants RP retires 46 straight to set record

HR legend tries to hit 186 MPH fastball

M's player goes after scout following taunt

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.