January 19, 2013

Like It Or Not Chip Kelly Is The Coach.

Honestly I am not the biggest fan of the hiring. I was hoping the Eagles wouldn't tap into a guy with so many question marks especially if it means the return of Mike Vick. I was glad to see them move on when he turned them down. Regardless of that Chip Kelly is now the head coach of our Philadelphia Eagles. He will remain so until he teeters out like Andy Reid did or he retires after wining a bunch of Lombardi's. In either case I'm happy. Debating if the Eagles did or didn't make the right choice is now nothing more than an exercise in futility. He's here now and like it or not we have to deal with it. Regardless many football people love the guy as a coach. Tony Dungy raves about the guy. He tried to keep him at Oregon to keep coaching his son. Bill Belichick tapped his mind for advice on running his offense. Nobody is questioning his ingenuity. The fact of the matter is the Eagles targeted their guy and they got him. For years now people have been crying about how there wasn't a coach available to fill Andy's shoes. Well the Eagles didn't seem to have any trouble moving on from the greatest coach never to win a Super Bowl (in the minds of some) to Chip Kelly. The Eagles snatched Reid out of obscurity. Anyone who tells you the were in love with the idea of hiring Reid is a liar, because nobody knew who he was. It was a bold move that worked out. Here's hoping Kelly does as well, because like it or not he is the guy. The reality is there is a laundry list of coordinators and coaches from the NFL who failed. ASSuming Chip Kelly will at this point is nothing more than folly. Eagles fans you have a choice. You can get onboard with Chip Kelly (it no longer matters, because he is here) or you can keep crying about a change that won't happen. Then again you can always go join Andy Reid and go root for the Chiefs. Some of us already have dubious allegiances and loyalties when it comes to rooting anyway so it shouldn't be a problem for those people to hop off and jump to the next team like all of those McNabb people did. Don't worry we won't miss you.

6 Comments:
  • Hey, at least we aren't getting blamed for running Reid out of town. Some barkers seemed to think that it was people like us who had a hand in the Eagles decision on trading McNabb.

I feel the same way, Eazy. Kelly it is amd although I was pulling for Bradley who knows which coach will go on to win more games in their NFL careers as head coaches. I certainly hope it will be Kelly (while he is the Eagles head coach anyway). The Eagles got the man they wanted and I feel confident that Lurie will give Kelly and Roseman everything they want and need to give them the best chance to make their futures as bright and successful as possible.
  • Some people just need to stop whining and move on. What done is done.
  • yea let him Coach at least one game???
  • Agreed.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • I think with the guys returning and some prominent moves here and there Kelly could have this team back within a few years. Lots of question marks with the team still though. The quarterback situation needs to become clearer.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Tigers acquire David Price in blockbuster

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Rice: ‘Actions were totally inexcusable’

Dez upset over teammate's deal?

Johnson pulled out of tourney to hang with Paulina?

WWE star to be play big Star Wars role?

MLB pitcher charged with sexual assault

Breaking down the NL MVP race

Gallery: The best of July

10 young NFL stars having Hall of Fame careers already

10 players who will make their first Pro Bowl in 2014

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.