LIKED / DISLIKED
VICTORY is ours!
In every win there are good points and bad points. Continuing to win is a matter of maintaining what works and strengthening what doesn't.
1) LeSean McCoy seeing more than 15 carries in a game. He's a beast. He's a weapon. (He's on my fantasy team).
2) Brent Celek blocking less on passing plays. Nothing takes away a blitzer like having to cover someone.
3) Seeing Trent Cole get to put 4 on the floor. The 'skins played to his strength instead of his weakness. We won't get that break every week, but I'll take it when we can.
4) Frequency of play-action used early.
1) The pace. EAGLES Offensive players were gassed in the second half. According to Jason Kelce, he needed an oxygen mask https://twitter.com/GeoffMosherCSN/status/377272961507393537 . And this is with Kelly letting up in the second half of the FIRST GAME! I don't like where this could put us physically by December.
2) McCoy carrying OVER 30 times as Vick limped the game out. At a certain point we should have seen Nick Foles and more Bryce Brown out there. Maybe even come Chris Polk. (Though it would have cost me my comeback FF win last night, as I started both Vick and McCoy.) We need these guys for the whole year. Once a game is decided, take the time to develop our youth.
3) The lack of dump-off routes. No QB functions well against the blitz without a place to dump it. You can throw it away, but then there's a difference between being efficient vs. the blitz and being dangerous vs. the blitz.
4) Our coverage. While our CB's played well, lost in all the hullabaloo is the fact that we allowed a rusty QB to complete 61% of his passes for 329 yards. Most of those 30 completions in the intermediate middle or in the flat. Down the sidelines was closed for business last night.
|Latest Rumors||The Backyard|
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?