September 30, 2013

LIKED: WEEK FOUR

YES there were a few positives to find in the 52-20 beating we suffered yesterday at the hands of the Broncos. Here are the main ones that I saw:

1) It was nice to see Michael Vick try to get the TE position more involved. Though  I'm sure it had more to do with WR's that can't uncover, going forward if Vick KEEPS using them teams will have to cheat their Safeties to take away those inside routes and it'll prevent them from being able to  double so aggressively on the outside.

2) We had ZERO turnovers this week. 

3) Early in the game Vick wasn't hesitant to pull it down and run when there wasn't anybody open. I was glad to see that. Athleticism is what HE brings to the position. It's a weapon we should be creatively employing, but for some reason aren't. Denver did a good job of perimeter contain, but you could see in the middle they hadn't bothered to scheme stop Vick from running.

It was just a few things and they were small, but details hold together the foundation of stability.

4 Comments:
  • Denver could go undefeated this season. Thats how much better they are than the Eagles. We had no chance. I thought Vick did as much as he could do. Celek is a bood and stinks. Cooper cant get open to save his life and the rest of the team is average NFL scrub material. Name a coach that could make them a superbowl team?
  • Andy Reid.
  • He did that once Tony...all be it only once. And the Bad Karma curse reared it's ugly head.
  • You got that right GR. Hey I check your message box. There are old messages that don't mean anything. Just disregard them.

Redrafting the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft

The greatest moments from non-playoff NBA teams

Five-round NFL mock draft

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

10 jaw-dropping stats from the NBA season

The longest homers of the week

Ranking the best NFL free agents still available

Updated NBA Draft early entries list

Honest NBA playoffs slogans

Gallery: The best of Barbie Blank

Breakout candidates for the NHL playoffs

Draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

100 best players of the MLB expansion era

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.