November 06, 2012

Lurie has officially lost the plot.

As if last night's proverbial kick in the nuts wasn't enough. Now the Inquirer's Jeff McLane has just broken this story. Howie Roseman received a 4-5 year extension after Joe Banner's departure. It almost feels as if the football Gods and this team are taunting us.

To say Roseman's drafts have been sub-par is being kind. They've been doo-doo butter. 

2010: With JPP and Earl Thomas on the board he moves up to 12th to select Brandon Graham (BUST), with Navarro Bowman still on the board in the 3rd round he selects Daniel Te'o Nesheim or whatever the F his name is.

2011: This has to be the worst one yet. His 2nd rounder was cut in his 2nd season and The 28-year old fireman they drafted at RG is one year away from sharing that fate.

2012: Jury is still out on this one

Then we have the FA signings. Nnamdi Asomugha has been a monumental BUST and disappointment. Jason Babin, enough said.

It looks like even if Reid does get the ax, we're still boned. Roseman is going to have a significant say in who the next coach is. What coach of considerable skill is going to want to come here and work with this egregiously unqualified GM? It sickens me to see that Lurie actually rewards incompetence.

My father, God bless him, is a doctor. If he had patients die on him due to malpractical decisions all while refusing to learn from mistakes, the AMA would revoke his license and see to it that he never practiced medicine again. The same goes for any other job in the real world. You may get a second chance, but after that you've got yourself a pink slip. Other times, you get no second chances. The level of incompetence and hubris within this organization is truly extraordinary.

16 Comments:
  • that is why I stay away from that putrid place known as the stinc
  • Bad GMs can be fired. Don't care about this extension. I think for the right coach Roseman can be reduced to the contracts guy. There are reports the scouts don't even talk to him. His power may already be neutered.
  • He rewards those that follow his orders. Andy Reid was rewarded prematurely in a season when McNabb deserved a contract and rallied the Eagles it was Reid that was arrogantly rewarded. Lurie wants a yes man and it wont suprise me when the next coach comes out of some hole to take charge of the Eagles. They wont get a proven winner but someone that will be just like Andy.
  • To put it simple we are f'd!
  • Im actually enjoying watching luries investment lose value. Lets hope the fans are smart enough to stay away from this big wast of time. Its fun to write about but you wont catch me freezing my nuts off in "the stinc"
  • We already know that. You and the birdflipper made your intentions about boycotting clear a very long time ago.
  • EZ take a pic of you on a sub 20 degree day at the stinc. Ill laugh my ass off. That would be great. Please please please.
  • Hitting the airways. Hitting their website and others get the message out too. Fans chanting for the coach to be fired on national television sends the message clearly.
  • disagree. The best form of potest is too lose interest. If you respond you become part of the drama. Time to just watch them on TV EZ. Lurie will respond when he sees his money dry up.
  • Hollywood would you still have such a negative stance if the Eagles would hire Billick or Gruden?
  • I would love it. But it has to come with the words from the owner"I want to win a superbowl for Philadelphia". At that point I wouldgive Lurie the benefit of the doubt. Dont want to here about championships. So far when Banner used the word "Superbowl" he was booted out of the lineup. Banners words "the only thing left is the superbowl" and Lurie said adios.
  • I would rather have Gruden only because Billick does have ego issues. And that is a trust problem. After he won in Balto he got drunk on his success but he was candid and descriptive. Gruden seems passionate. I dont think he likes losing. If you want a guy that wont dishonor or deceive Philly I think dungy & cowher are the top choices.
  • funny
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

MLB players who still might be traded in August

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

Pacquiao likely to retire in 2016

Can Vince McMahon save TNA and WWE?

WATCH: TV station airs unfortunate Ray Rice blooper

Johnson suspended for cocaine use

College football's best coordinator duos

Best fantasy options at every position

Bosh: I was close to leaving Miami

Goodell defends Ray Rice punishment

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

Tigers acquire David Price in blockbuster

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.