November 19, 2012

Lurie PUTS Reid before the fans- FIRE REID

In one of the most dispicable displays of ownership in the NFL.  Jeffrey Lurie is force feeding Eagle fans more Andy Reid coached games.  The fans are demanding change and our Phillys arrogant owner continues to subject fand to Andy Reid.  Its time fans DEMAND the change now.  Do what ever is necessary to put the phat phuck on the street.  He is pure arrogant garbage and the team is a reflection of the culture of the Philadelphia Eagles- aroogant, big headed, lying, backstabbing, disloyal and weak.  Ive been using those words for years yet I have been ridiculed for my opinion of this owner and management.  Well what do you think now?  Im that far off base.  Think again.  Unless things are handled with precision this whole organization might go off a cliff that it cant recover from.  Thanks Jeffrey for the so called good times.

28 Comments:
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Im not a fan of Jeffrey Lurie. I choose not to put money in his pocket. I do care about the tradition of the Philadelphia Eagles. Lurie owns the team the fans own the tradition. And a true Eagle loyalist would not stand idly by while an owner defiles the history of this team. He owns what? Rights and priveldges to RUN this franchise. Sure he can move the team but he cant take the name. The team isnt worth two cents. The tradition is where all the value lies and the fans own that. You keep going to the vet in December Ill be looking for you on TV if the game is even shown here. Knock yourself out with support you see where its gotten the Eagles.
  • meant the stinc!
  • Spotella's right and no matter how much you WHINE, cry and scream your bloody head off Lurie will fire Reid when he thinks it's the right time. It will happen at the end of the year (and if Reid keeps sending his best players out to get hurt with 2 minutes left and down by more than 3 TDS and tries to justify it by saying they had a chance, who knows maybe it could be sooner). If it does happen sooner, hollywoodeagle calling for Reid's firing on yardbarker will have absolutely NO bearing on his decision at all! Sit back, enjoy knowing that Reid will be gone, hope that Lurie and Roseman will make the right choice with the new coach and that they all make the right choice on the next franchise QB whether they feel that is Foles or not and stop your incessant whining for once. If the last 8 years of you crying that you want Reid out should show you anything it should be that you have no say in the matter. I wouldn't have felt the need to tell a realistic fan that but we both know that you aren't realistic.
  • LOL on the hollywood comment (His 2nd and 3rd points usually do contradict his main point). Hollywood wants to somehow feel he is part of Lurie getting rid of Reid and that is what this forum is all about. His boycotts haven't worked so now he is calling for all 5 (maybe 10?) of us left in this yard to somehow make a difference in forcing Lurie to fire Reid. Funny stuff!
  • LOL! Kind of like that Prell commercial? Damn, you're probably too young to remember it.
  • What I think would be cool is for fans to chant "We want Gruden" during the Panthers game. Classic! On a side note why fire Reid at this point? So Marty can coach? Who even deserves the chance on this coaching staff?
  • That's kind of what I've been stating. An interim coach won't matter now and almost never truly does. Reid's choices (leaving McCoy in) and the games results are making it easier for Lurie to do what he needs to do...fire Reid and he will.
  • Peyton is a long shot, but Gruden's name has repeatedly come up mostly by fans lately. I can't see how he would feel we hate him if we were chanting his name on MNF.
  • comment below viewing threshold

show comment

• The only way Lurie will start caring what the fans think is when he sees half empty stadium on MNF and whoever is there will start chanting to fire Reid.
  • get a proven head coach,hire a good coaching staff000talent is here to win now--no rebuilding team
  • rebuild is code for making you wait while the owner makes money.
  • His comment is just ridiculous. A lot of teams go through rebuilds...fact of the matter is that with free agency it doesn't take as long to rebuild a team as it used to. It will depend on the coach and quarterback. If Lurie and/or Roseman make the right choice it may only take a couple years, if they don't the Eagles will obviously be in trouble.

show comment

• I truly don't give a damn when they fire Reid but Lurie has stated he will not discuss the matter until after the season and that would mean that he will not fire him until the end of the year. Besides, what good would an interim do especially with the injuries the Eagles have suffered? Nothing this year! With what quarterback will they win with next year, romorules? You have NEVER been a Vick fan so don't give me you think they can win it all with Vick. I know you aren't foolish enough to think the Eagles will bring him back so tell me do they win a Super Bowl with Foles next year?...Edwards? What rookie quarterback or free agent that a team is willing to either give up on or willing to trade will be good enough to lead the Eagles to their first Super Bowl victory ever...and with a new head coach yet? I know you like to "stick up" for hollywood but your desire to help him out in this case is just about as silly as some of his comments.

show comment

• I don't think it will matter in the long run. Reid has already missed opportunities to show players that failure won't be tolerated. The new coach will be given opportunity to show that failure won't be tolerated next year when he takes over, at cutdowns and beyond. As a fan as long as Lurie doesn't back out of his statement about 8-8 not being good enough I'm fine with that...I get that mid season changes at coach have little to no affect on a season. I also do get that other fans are pissed off and want Reid gone today.

I'm not stating that Foles will never be good enough although he has looked bad to okay so far...I just highly doubt he will be lighting up the NFL in the next couple years. I hope I'm wrong of course...I would love to see him start showing he can get through games without making too many bad decisions. In my opinion he's been lucky he isn't averaging about 2-3 picks a game. He is managing the game pretty well against "your" Cowboy's tonight. Just drove them down for their 2nd TD...with a lot of help by Brown, of course.
  • wht do you mean you get a midseason change has little effect? It has alot of effect. What has little effect is what they are doing now. Man you are a big BSer

show comment

• What will it do THIS year but make impatient fans like you happy to see blood spilled...especially Reid's? The team is going nowhere with or without Reid. The team was going nowhere with or without Washburn. I get that Reid being fired would make you certain there will be a new coach next year but honestly when it comes to you I'm certain Reid's firing won't be enough. Lurie selling the team probably wouldn't be enough either...you like to whine, I get the feeling that nothing would slow that down!

show comment

Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Colts GM calls out Richardson

VY would have returned for senior season at Texas

WATCH: Angels ace carted off with injury

Lester unlikely to return to Boston

Steelers RBs arrested together

Report: Suns looking to trade Eric Bledsoe

No evidence of cancer in Jim Kelly

Best gift ever given for a jersey number?

Kent State center dies unexpectedly

Ref avoided doing Redskins games due to team name

Schilling: Tobacco caused mouth cancer

Most indispensables college players

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.