October 31, 2013

Mid Season Prospects!

Most people don't have acceess to this article because it's an ESPN Insider piece, but Mel Kiper breaks down the top 25 Players to come out in the draft. Since a lot of you don't believe in Foles I figured I should give you an update on where Kiper see's the QB's in this class.

1. Clowney (Best player coming out is a beast of a DE) 

2. Teddy Bridgewater - " still have him just ahead of Marcus Mariota among QBs, but it's basically a toss-up. Bridgewater has looked comfortable most of the time, but some of that just raises questions about the competition. He does have great poise and increased polish. He moves his eyes quickly and often scans the whole field. When he sees a target, he has a quick release, plenty of arm strength and good ball placement. I really like how he calibrates his throws, not using too much arm when he doesn't need to."

5. Marcus Mariotta - "Rare athletic gifts combined with great decision making and talent as a passer. He's a passer first and looks to take apart defenses with his arm, and with patience, before he takes off. In the mold of a Colin Kaepernick, he uses his legs to extend the passing game first. He was a bit off-rhythm with some throws early in the season, but Oregon also has had some drops. There's no telling how high Mariota could go as his passing skills become more refined."

18. Johnny Manziel - "In some ways this season has been even better than last. Manziel has shown an ability to beat any defense. He extends plays with his legs, does a fantastic job of scanning the whole field, has tremendous touch and would deliver strikes with more velocity if he kept his feet underneath him consistently. I think he's also underrated in his willingness to make the right throw versus always going for the big play. The highlights are surrounded by a lot of smart plays."

19. Brett Hundley - "He's had some uneven weeks against good defenses lately. Hundley is supremely gifted when it comes to raw tools -- his arm strength is obvious, and he might be ahead of schedule in terms of his ability to make plays when a play falls apart. He'll just want to improve his command on throws. He does a good job and is ahead of schedule with his pocket presence and the ability to move well away from pressure with his eyes down the field."

At this point it's pretty safe to say we are not getting: Bridgewater or Mariotta unless we trade our Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth & First rounder for him! lol So what do you expect the Eagles to do?

Also Note receivers: 13. Marqise Lee  14. Sammy Watkins are the only two WR's Kiper puts in the top 25 

11 Comments:
  • Manziel could be there when the Eagles draft. At this point there about 8-10 teams who are worse than the Eagles it will be tough for the Eagles to get into the top 5. They should win at least two more games by an accident.
  • Can u list all of the top 25?

As for qbs I think it's hands down bridgewater as the top guy. Mar iota plays a weak conference and on an Oregon team that inflates numbers. However he does show the ability to make two or more reads and as far I know still hasn't thrown a pick. Manziel is the next romo. He's good when the play breaks down and he gets outside the pocket but from within he's beatable. Hundley will need time to develop and possibly won't come out. I think it's interesting to note that Boyd has just been falling the past couple weeks. His size and decision making coming into question. While at the same time Stephen Morris is moving up boards. My guess is we can get Boyd in the second and Morris in the third or later leaving us the ability to draft a star on defense or clean up the oline.

Depending on where we draft we have the ability to get some real good players. I like this years draft for positions we need except safety. The safeties I'm keeping my eyes on are ranked low but I think will make the transition better than some of the higher ranked guys. Kurtis Drummond and Kenny ladler are the two I'm watching. But it is worth noting wolff is still learning and Allen is playing much better. But if they are there in fourth or fifth I'd take them in a second.
  • This post is supposed to show how impossible it's going to be for the Eagles to get ANY of the top Quarterbacks. @EasyEagles, You are correct - MAYBE Johnny Football will be available.. but there is no way the Eagles are moving up to get Mariota at this point.

Here is a look at the worse teams in the league that need a QB:
    1. Jaguars - Select Mariota 1st overall
    2. Tampa Bay - Selects Teddy Bridgewater
    3. Giants - Select Clowney
    One of these 2 teams will get Manziel
    4. Minnesota - (1-6) Need QB
    5. Houston - (2-5) Need QB
    All other teams hoping to get a Franchise QB that most likely WON'T!
    6. St. Louis
    7. Cleveland
    8. Tennessee
    9. Eagles
    10. Arizona

There are possible trade Partners for the Eagles to move up and select Johnny Football. Because let's face it. After RG3 got past St. Louis Rams, there is simply no way another team will move out of the top 2 this year and give up Mariota.

So Teams that MIGHT trade w/ Eagles so we can jump up for Johnny Football:
    Washington (2-5) Yeah right lol
    Giants (2-5) Yeah right lol
    Buffalo (3-5) < best opportunity, but will most likely finish w/ better record than Eagles

Eagles need to stop looking for a Franchise QB in this draft in my opinion. Not going to happen
  • I don't see how Jonny Football will be a top 5 player. Sure you turn on the tape and all he does is make plays, but he's listed at 5'11" and I thing they are being generous with his height. I think he's going to need an unbelievable combine performance to get himself back in the top 5 talks. Jonny F scares me. I get the feeling he could be great, but I also feel as if he's a guy who will be up and down, plays more with his heart, and less with his head. Is see the potential of another Vick like situation with him.
  • If you go by walterfootball.com he has us taking the second qb off the board at 9 with manziel. He doesn't have mariota in his mock though. People think Tampa will stick it out with glennon next year especially if Schiano keeps his job some how. I would assume the Vikings go qb

I would say

Jags-bridgewater
    Bucs- clowney
    Giants- trade out not with us or Barr
    Vikings- mariota
    Rams- lewan
    Texans- trade out or Louis nix
    Falcons- Vic Beasley
    Steelers- jake Matthews
    Eagles- that leaves us manziel Boyd hundley Morris, hell some people are sold on Derek Carr. This draft is deep at qb. We could probably get a guy in the second. And be able to get a great defensive player in the first. Or help on the oline. Or Sammy Watkins. Plus if we don't get a qb this year we have a shot next year with Winston or hundley
  • I would love to see a big sized, big play wide receiver.
  • Yea I'm up on Watkins right now and mike Evans is a beast but assuming they go qb in the first I've been looking into players in the later rounds. I like Allen Robinson in the 3rd. 6-3 210 projected to run around a 4.5. I gotta look more at Brandon Coleman from Rutgers 6-6 220 about a 4.6 though projected forty so a bit slow, but 6-6 is hard to cover.
  • So far Evans isn't ranking high in most Mock Drafts. I'm not sure why, because he constantly puts up numbers w/ Manziel.
  • I agree EZ. If Foles can deliever maybe we can get a couple of WR. Wouldnt hurt
  • Even if you don't like Foles if you're a true Eagles fan you're rooting for him or Barkley to be "the guy" since that would keep the Eagles from having to draft a QB. Your buddy is writing Foles and Barkley equal the end. The end of what? The team hasn't had a winning record in two years and hasn't had a fully healthy one in over three. In the meantime the teams record is 25 and 31 the last three years. You have to be ignorant or stupid not to see this team is already bottoming out.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Report: Beckham injured avoiding paparazzi

Ohio State TE wearing Braxton Miller's number

Bills sign Kyle Orton

Meet the 2014-15 Oregon cheerleaders

Pelini: Marijuana use is ‘out of control’

Highlights from Eli Manning's AMA

NFL suspends Aldon Smith for 9 games

Giants RP retires 46 straight to set record

HR legend tries to hit 186 MPH fastball

M's player goes after scout following taunt

Kenny Hill sets A&M record in upset win

2014 Heisman Trophy favorites

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.