June 17, 2013

Mike Vick And The Word Squandering.

A few days ago I wrote an article about Chip Kelly working too. In the article I mentioned how Mike is squandering away his opportunity. HollywoodEagle took some offense to my harsh words towards Mike Vick. He even implied that I was holding it against Vick that he was imprisoned for a crime he did commit. Let me first tell you that I am not the one who is upset over Vick's past. He served his time and should be allowed to resume his career. That's how the system is supposed to work. Unfortunately I have seen this system FAIL several other people in this world forcing individuals back into the life of crime they were trying to rid themselves of. So it's good to finally see the system work for once. That's another debate, for another time, on a different website. Getting back to Vick. Mike has squandered his opportunity on this team game to improve himself and this team. His game has deteriorated to the point that not only is he no longer (elite), but he's getting serious competition from an upstart third round pick. Mike has had (and lost) two 100 million dollar contracts. If that's not squandering then what is?  Perhaps I need to share the definition of the word to get a clearer picture of what I mean.

squandering  present participle of squan·der (Verb) Verb
  1. Waste (something, esp. money or time) in a reckless and foolish manner: "entrepreneurs squander their profits on expensive cars".
  2. Allow (an opportunity) to pass or be lost.
squan·der  (skwndr) tr.v. squan·dered, squan·der·ing, squan·ders 1. To spend wastefully or extravagantly; dissipate. See Synonyms at waste. 2. To fail to take advantage of; lose a chance for: squandered an opportunity to go to college. 3. Obsolete To scatter.

5 Comments:
  • hey Easy..you made the cut!
  • Vick lost most of his mone to legal troubles. Has he squandered his money lately? We all know his past. Judge yourself EZ. If you spend more time doing that you will probably find areas you can improve. I think its fair to question Mikes skills. He isnt the guy he was 3 years ago but he might have some gas in the tank. But what has Vick done other than be unable to stop the hand of time? i mean the guy put his body on the line. Isnt that a sign you are giving an effort? He tried every avenue- hanging in pocket that was collapsing, running the football with no blocking...etc. What would you have suggested throwing the ball over the middle while your wideouts and TE hugged the sidelines. Doesnt work anywhere. Maybe management should go under the microscope for carrying phat phuck way past his bedtime.
  • Effort only takes you so far. After 3 years as the starter the Eagles and their fans deserve more than just effort from the QB position. If this was any other player than someone you publicly backed on this site you would have been calling for his head and ripping him at the end of 2010 and no later than 2011. There is no way you would have put up with similar play from Kolb and presently Foles. Keep it real, hollywood.

• Neither Kolb nor Foles has ever shown they can take a team to the playoffs. I had no problem with Kolb if he had waited his turn. And look where rushing to be a #1 has gotten Kolb. Kolb had some skill but he wasnt ready. He may end up a decent starter but I told you then he needed to be a #2 for a while. Foles does not have the pedigree. He doesnt have the arm to make the hard throws and he has a slow delivery. Even though Kolb didnt have a tremendous arm he could fire the ball between the hash marks.
  • Hollywood if at this time Mike Vick had a 100 million dollar contract and today he doesn't how can you say he hasn't squandered it?
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Potentially crippling NFL injuries

Manziel fined $12K for middle finger

10 worst owners in all of sports

Rusney Castillo signs with Boston

Harvey Updyke pie toss canceled over death threats

10 bold predictions for the 2014 college football season

Eight fantasy picks who will suck if you draft them

Ranking all 54 NFL primetime games

50 Cent's funny challenge to Floyd Mayweather

Cheerleaders of the AP Top 25

'Johnny Clipboard' shirt is perfect

Colts GM calls out Trent Richardson

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.