August 31, 2013

NERVOUS ABOUT THE FUTURE.

UNTIL 6:30 or so I think I'll be on pins and needles. After seeing that Raiders got rid of David Bass (and so far have kept a few others) I'm on the edge of my nerve hoping that they get this right.

I've made a point of telling people like EZ and GTD that this is the Raiders turning the page, but that's mostly a fan going on faith and some VERY recent activity. Fact is, there IS a history..... Granted, AL DAVIS and Amy Trask are no longer calling the shots, but there must be MORE of recent events before anyone can say with certainty that the page has been completely turned. 

6 Comments:
  • There is speculation that Matt Flynn could be headed back to Green Bay.

Meh.

So long as we get a 5th rounder or better for him (or even two 6's), I'm good with it. Anything less and we got hosed. Not just on THIS trade but on the one that brought him to Oakland as well.
  • Well ur getting Pryor at qb week 1. Time to see what he's got vs a real nfl defense.
  • OMG! I am so JUICED for this game! If we can't muster a pass rush, odds are good that we'll get blown the **** out, but if we can rattle Luck a little the game will be closer than many may think.

I think a lot of people are looking past our biggest issue though.

Everyone is focused on the QB, or if RunDMC stays healthy, or if the protection can hold up with Veldheer out. We can weather all of those. It'll be rough, but it's GREAT character and backbone building, and we NEEEED those right now. I doubt ALL the raiders think they can be winners, and you have to weed those guys out.

For Oakland 3-13 or 7-9 all comes down to how much pass rush DC Tarver can scheme/manufacture this year, since we don't yet have a dynamic rush artist. I find it almost laughable that we're depending on Lamarr Houston for pass rush on the blindside at RDE. Nothing in the preseason has shown me a RDT who can collapse the LG to give Houston an inside lane to the QB as he lacks speed around the edge.

If the Eagles were to dangle Trent Cole in a trade, Oakland would jump at it without looking first! Might even be willing to part with Tyvon Branch in exchange.

It'll be interesting.
  • Id do that straight up. Graham can be as good or better than cole with reps and branch is a legit nfl safety, the eagles don't have a legit back up.
  • This is clearly the Oakland Low. The team is in shambles it seems like right now with this move. To start Pryor over Flynn amazes me. Early in the preseason Flynn stood in the pocket and looked decent behind a really crappy offensive line. He got tore up in Game 3 I believe and they ended up giving Game 4 to Pryor.

Pryor STUNK BAD in game 4 against crap players!

I do not see him doing well and he will probably be injured within the first few games. It's pretty clear that both QB's will start at some point this season. The only thing I think, is that it was a bull crap move against Flynn to take the job away from him that fast.

They should start Flynn and if they are 0-4 , then put in Pryor and see how he does. If they go 0-8.. Well, flip a coin! Because that's honestly what this is looking like.
  • Well I have to say they did a great job with who they kept and who they discarded. So at least it's a continuance of heading the right direction.

While I LOVE the fact that Pryor is starting, I'm not a fan of how it was handled and I'm on record here (http://www.yardbarker.com/forum/3/57/discussion/i_saw_matt_flynns_talent_on_a_milk_carton/14368658), saying (like you) that Flynn should get a least a few starts.

That said, the Raiders organization is sending a message to the roster by starting the player they think will help us win. There is no "treading water being good enough" mentality being handed down from on high.

While no one may be expecting big results for now, big effort seems to be a REQUIREMENT immediately. That CAN'T be bad!
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Tigers acquire David Price in blockbuster

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Rice: ‘Actions were totally inexcusable’

Dez upset over teammate's deal?

Johnson pulled out of tourney to hang with Paulina?

WWE star to be play big Star Wars role?

MLB pitcher charged with sexual assault

Breaking down the NL MVP race

Gallery: The best of July

10 young NFL stars having Hall of Fame careers already

10 players who will make their first Pro Bowl in 2014

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.