February 08, 2013

New York Fan Has Mad Respect For Cole Hamels

Being a fan of New York teams I have always disliked teams from Philadelphia(it's a sports thing). It's kind of like being born in France....you automatically don't like Brits and vice versa. But I am now a huge Cole Hamels fan after what he and his wife Heidi recently did when they adopted an orphaned Ethopian child. This guy gets it and he should be applauded for his compassion. How cool is this, more athletes should take a cue from Hamels and his lovely wife Heidi. He makes great money and is choosing to do something good and compassionate with it. My wife has an uncle who's wife was never able to have children of her own. He owned gas stations in NY and is an extremely wealthy man, but do you think they chose to adopt and give an orphaned child a chance in life ?...No!! they did not, and shame on them for that. Too busy looking out for themselves to give a damn about anyone else I guess. Karma will eventually take care of them. It will also bless Cole and Heidi.

So to you Cole and Heidi I say thank you for showing what caring is all about. Not just anyone can adopt even if they want to. There are huge hurdles and sometimes heavy expenses in doing so. Those with money should be doing things like this more often so that children who would otherwise not have a chance in life, in fact do have a chance. Best wishes to Cole and Heidi as they Love and Care for this adorable child.

9 Comments:
  • Wow I didn't even know about that story until now. Thanks for sharing, and you're right. That was a great thing for he and his wife to do.
  • Yep, just saw it today Easy, the child is adorable and their two boys just love her to tears. There should be more stories like this. Their is way too much sadness in the world, Cole and Heidi really get it.
  • comment below viewing threshold

show comment

• I hear that Romo...he's what being a man is all about. Just imagine how happy that child must be after all she has gone through in such a short time. The story is one for the ages. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt get it also as they have been doing this sort of thing for a long time. Too many rich superstars think it's all about them and it's not. Peace my brother.
  • Cole has an Eli Manning mentality. Nothing fazes the dude, and he's a stone cold killer on the field. I would say he is the best Philly athlete going right now.
  • Him and Roy Halladay are my two favorites right now. I've read the Verducci article on Doc when he first arrived here in Philly, and I immediately gained such an admiration of him. It's not just Doc as a pitcher, but as a man. He went through being demoted all the way down to Single A to becoming widely-accepted as the best pitcher in the game. The guy's work ethic and dedication is stuff of legend.
  • Think about it though. They brought in not one, but two aces, and knocked him to third in the rotation. All he does is just own it all that year. No matter what Lee, and Roy do, Cole is the one with the ring. I think all three are going to be great next season, nut Cole better be the day one starter. He's earned it.
  • To think at 25 years old, he was the ace of a championship squad and World Series MVP. I think we all know what we'll be getting from Doc, Lee, and Cole. However, the offense has to support them. Lee, in particular, got absolutely screwed by the lack of run support last year. It has come at the WORST times too.
  • Three things I am most concerned with this coming season. The defense is going to be poor at best. Only Rollins is a solid infield defenseman. The outfield will have Reeves and his lollipop arm in the middle, and platoons at both corners. Mayberry may be the best defenseman of the bunch and he may not make the team. The second is how old this team has gotten. With all this age will certainly come a ton of injuries. Charlie is going to have to make sure his players get rest. I am still concerned with the bull pen. Mike Adams should be solid, but it's going to take some miracle work to get from the 6 to the 8th with this pin especially when the 4th and 5th starters go out there. We lost 12 games thanks to the bull pen last season. Win those games and the Phillies would have been in the playoffs. The pin must play better this season.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Meet the 2014-15 Oregon cheerleaders

Pelini: Marijuana use is ‘out of control’

Highlights from Eli Manning's AMA

NFL suspends Aldon Smith for 9 games

Giants RP retires 46 straight to set record

HR legend tries to hit 186-MPH fastball

M's player goes after scout following taunt

Kenny Hill sets A&M record in upset win

2014 Heisman Trophy favorites

Shaw asked USC to change hero story

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts hospitalized

Tony Stewart to race again on Sunday

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.