August 03, 2013

NOW BACK TO TALKING FOOTBALL

SEABASS has been inked for the next five years! Today he's 35 and we'll have him until he's 40 or circumstances dictate otherwise. This works for me! What's funny is how the article that reported this doesn't even MENTION the other Kicker Eddy Carmona in relation to this re-signing. Can you say "camp leg"? LOL!

I wish like hell that we'd have been able to keep Shane Lechler too, but he seemed bent on playing for his hometown before he retired. Given what he's given the team and the fact that it may be a couple years before we're a good team again, he deserves a chance to play for a contender before he hangs it up. As someone who'll always be a Lechler fan, I can't say I begrudge him that. 

On the other hand we have a promising situation at Punter nonetheless. Between vet (Philly guy) Chris Kluwe and Marquette King (I keep accidentally typing MARQUEZ); whomever we keep will be truly the better option and not just who we got stuck with.

When you add in Josh Cribbs at KR and Bobby April at coach, I have to say I don't remember EVER being this juiced about Special Teams before. Considering the grind-it-out style we'll be employing on both sides of the ball, ST will have to make a visible difference in games if we're to have a chance at winning. In fact I'll right now go so far as to say that for the next couple years, when we claim a 'W', ST will usually have their fingerprints on it.  

1 Comment:
  • Grind it out style?
    (19-17 Win coming down to closing minute or so.)

Special Teams contribution?
    (Blocked FG and a muffed punt recovery set up by a punt that the GIFTED but inconsistent (so far) Marquette King sent nearly into orbit.)

32 runs and 28 passes, in a comeback win where our players spent most of the night playing UPHILL. By "uphill" I mean that when we put out our second team Defense, Dallas still had their first team O-line out. When our third team came out, Dallas still had their second team on the field. Talent-wise we played uphill in a COMEBACK where we stuck with the run (because it really is our best weapon and our best mindset).

Provided Coach builds on it, last night's victory will be something for players to think back to when times get tough in games that actually count as more than a lesson.

BTW: Today when I typed MARQUETTE, I didn't have to correct myself at all.

Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Players who'll decide the national title

NFL cheerleader Instagram accounts

Olympian walking again after accident

WATCH: Bucs rookie involved in brawl

Potentially crippling NFL injuries

Manziel fined $12K for middle finger

10 worst owners in all of sports

Rusney Castillo signs with Boston

Harvey Updyke pie toss canceled over death threats

10 bold predictions for the 2014 college football season

Eight fantasy picks who will suck if you draft them

Ranking all 54 NFL primetime games

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.