January 04, 2013

Now That Andy Will Soon Coach The Chiefs.......

Does anyone think it would be possible to wrestle that number one pick from his hands? Is there any chance the Eagles could send their pick and package up a player or two from this roster that Andy loves so much? Smith would be a great addition to Chip Kelly's offense, and it shouldn't cost the Eagles too much to move up three slots. Maclin, the 4th, and maybe a 4th? We all know how much Reid loves those late round picks. Giving up Maclin and maybe going after Mike Wallace along with Smith could make the Eagles contenders sooner than expected. What do you guys think?

32 Comments:
  • I think I feel sorry for Chief fans. I doubt the arrogant one will do anything that would even be percieved as helping Philly. When he is done with you he is done. The answer is forget that idea.
  • No way Reid gives up that first pick to us. Way too risky.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Why on earth would Reid even consider trading away the number 1 pick when he just took a job with a team that so many holes to fill?? Not happening, wishful thinking Philadelphia, but not happening!!
  • Fairly valid points, I just don't see him tossing the #1 pick, and if he does he won't send it to the eagles. The QB crop isn't great this draft but the Chiefs could do no worse than what they have to work with now. I can see them taking the best QB in the draft...now that's another debate all together.
  • It's gonna be weird rooting AGAINST Andy twice a year,but well...

To answer your question: Not a chance. The Chief's need a QB and a WR to go with Bowe. They have a few players on Defense (Hali, Houston, Carr, Berry) but they need to be able to sustain drives. That KILLED them this year. RT Eric Winston was a good pick up for them this year, and Andy will milk it for all it's worth next season.
  • I'm also a member of Raidernation. Twice a year, these two teams duke it out.

I actually used to also root for the Chiefs back when they had Christian Okoye and Barry Word; but that was before I learned it was bad form to root for 2 teams in one division, and I decided on the Raiders.

When Marcus Allen (my ALL-TIME favorite player) joined up with Joe Montana on the Chiefs, I went back to pulling for them again (except vs. the Raiders) until Marcus retired.
  • Sustaining drives hasn't always been Reid's strong point over the ears. Gettin Maclin in the deal would be The extra receiver he needs. Trading down would give him the lineman that he loves. Also he could work his magic of being a QB guru (admittedly I don't think he's as good as some people think) on Matt Cassell or bring in one of his old protégés in Kolb or Vick.
  • I think he goes younger at QB. 1) The QB's he has have learned too many bad habits, and 2) a young QB could be good early on, but most fans know to stem their expectations. That would give Andy the time he needs to build around teh guy with less pressure to produce winning seasons immediately.

I would also deal Maclin, but I doubt Andy would want him. I think he's prime package (player+pick) material for moving up this year, or getting plucking a second 1st rounder next year though.
  • I would only want Smith if Chip Kelly were going to be the coach anyway. From what I have been reading he's close to a deal with the Browns.
  • carr is a cowboy
  • The Redskins paid a fortune to move up similar spots (6 to 2) to get RG3, I'm sure it would cost the Eagles quite a bit to move up to 1 from 4. I think Reid keeps the pick and drafts his quarterback in Smith.
  • I believe if Chip Kelly wants a franchise quarterback he should do whatever he can to get one. If Reid believes in Smith he will draft him, but I get the feeling he will want to trade down and acquire more picks. I could be wrong, but knowing Reid he will most likely exhaust all options before making the pick.
  • why draft smith, hes gonna be an average qb at best, if youre gonna get a qb get someone better or with more upside than foles
  • That's what people said about RG3, and I like Foles, but I'm not sold on him at all.
  • Did Andy utter even a thank you to the fans before he left? He wants us to thank him. Not a chance here. You see Andys ego would never allow him to trade Geno Smith to the eagles. In his mind we failed him not vice versa. Hes a classic self centered a-hole.
  • Who is saying anything about thanking him? Do you really want a thank you from a guy you hate? Come on now.
  • I personally couldnt care less but as a normal gesture of gratitude for the honor of the job and what it means to the city a small gesture would be in order. But the arrogant one thinks he is owed our thanks. That jerkoff will have his day when the weight of his ways come crashing down on him. You would think his sons death would make him pause for a second. But not even a hitch.
  • It's not worth it. Rob Cherry was on WIP complaining about the same thing. I could careless about Reid's half-hearted thanking of the fans. He's no longer woth that kind of energy from me. He's gone and now it's time to move on.
  • I was listening to the same thing just a bit ago, Eazy. Is it any wonder that the fans and media that are upset about something so silly aren't fans of Andy Reid at all? Looking to pile on, nothing more. Hollywood probably doesn't actually care either...just thinks it strengthens his point.
  • I had to stop listening. I mean what a waste of time to make a show about Reid not apologizing. So many other things to discuss right now. The Eagles coaching search, Bynum, the Sixers, the NFL playoffs, the return of hockey, the Phillies making another move before the start of the season. Reid is the coach of the Chiefs. The NFL is a business. How many people who get fired from their job come back and make a big speech? Who makes a big speech to a group of people who in the majority hated him and wanted him gone?
  • and chip is the eagles head guy
  • How about Maclin and Vick in the deal?
  • and Unless he changes his mind???? chip kelly is the eagles coach.....
  • Can't change his mind now. He signed the contract. Then again so did Bobby Petrino.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Four Phillies no-hit the Braves

CFL team has reached out to Sam

Switch pitcher could see action in MLB

Power ranking every NFL stadium

Astros fire manager Bo Porter

Who is up next for Ronda Rousey?

Gronk: 'I'm ready to go' for Week 1

Verlander, Upton nude photos hacked

Blue Jays give Jeter unique farewell gift

Photos: D-Wade and Gabby tie the knot

Jimmy Johnson: Jerry Jones comes across like an A-hole

Students trampled running on field

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.