November 26, 2013

OF COURSE NICK FOLES IS THE STARTER NOW! HOW IS THIS NEWS?

NICK Foles is the Starter for the remainder of the season. 

The NFL is treating it like it this is news for some reason.

If that's the case then I need to go into journalism, because I've been starting Foles FOR WEEKS on both of my fantasy teams. So it amuses me that this is seen as news NOW. 

25 days ago I put up this post:  http://www.yardbarker.com/forum/3/57/discussion/foles_barkley_and_the_beginning_of_the_end/14945705, in reaction to Jeffrey Lurie telling Chip Kelly to sit Michael Vick. So it amuses me (yet again) that this would be news NOW.

Now that the QB controversy has all been put aside, we can get down to trying to beat a team, (any team) with a record of .500 or better. That said, the Cardinals are 7-4; however those wins mostly came at the expense of teams like Tampa, Jacksonville, Houston, Atlanta, and a Colts team that has been uneven since they lost Reggie Wayne. The Cardinals are 0-3 so far in their own division, so it's not like we're playing a powerhouse this week. On the other hand, we ARE playing a team that has played well enough to stay out of their own way, and capitalize on the mistakes of their opponents. It'll be a good to go against a team that mentally can keep it together. It works both as a role model and as an obstacle. 

Should be interesting. 

2 Comments:
  • The only thing I can think of Flip is that Kelly has just been naming Foles as a starter for individual games but now is saying he's there for good.
  • Not sure what that serves. Grabbing headlines. The Eagles have made an artform out of that. Not even news worthy.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

MLB players who still might be traded in August

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

Pacquiao likely to retire in 2016

Can Vince McMahon save TNA and WWE?

WATCH: TV station airs unfortunate Ray Rice blooper

Johnson suspended for cocaine use

College football's best coordinator duos

Best fantasy options at every position

Bosh: I was close to leaving Miami

Goodell defends Ray Rice punishment

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

Tigers acquire David Price in blockbuster

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.