January 24, 2013

Oh Snaps!

Chip Kelly will be bringing in with his high powered offense the volume of taking snaps. At Oregon his offense averaged a snap every 20 seconds. Personally I like the idea of the fast paced offense. It doesn't mean they will be passing it 50 times a game with a rookie and a guy who can't read defenses (like the previous guy), but it does mean they will be getting to the line quickly. Then they will have time to do motions, audibles, and presnap adjustments. How many times under Reid did this team get to the line too late to make adjustments only to have to call timeouts? How many times did this team have the clock run out on them inside of two minutes, because Reid blew all his timeouts? Let's not forget how they performed as if they were up in the Super Bowl taking their time and watching their one chance fade away. Pacing and playing fast will be good for this team. It could tire a defense out. That's why I think some of the older guys may find it hard to be here unless they are ready to move and run. This isn't going to be an easy change for some of these guys. There has been a complacency that has dogged this team under Reid the past few seasons. Guys are going to have to get back to work. It's not going to be an over night fix.

26 Comments:
  • Its greta if you get first downs. But if you go 3 and out the game could be over in the first quarter.
  • as Ive said..it will be fun to watch....I know Ive watched right here in Eugene,Oregon...
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • You can't teach an old Reid new tricks. He's going to do the exact same stuff.
  • Ok now Foles name is being thrown around with Manning and Brady. I think Ive heard it all. Spot you want to talk about Flacco yet?
  • Nobody is saying Foles is the next anything, but what if he does become something? You see to be the only person who would be upset if Foles makes something of himself. Let me ask you a question. Try not to dodge it as you typically do. With Fole and Vick having nearly identical stats last season, and considering Foles performed about the same as Vick with less talent around him does that mean that Foles and Vick can you truly justify any reason to pay Mike Vick 16 Million to play like a 3rd round rookie? Now here's the kicker! Considering statistically Mike Vick and Foles were basically the same (passing wise) how can the Eagles realistically think a 33 year player (who has rapidly deteriorated physically, mentally, and emotionally right before their eyes) has any upside or potential over a 24 year old who had basic pocket awareness, and knowing how to do the simple art of sliding? How long has Vick been in the league and he doesn't know how to slide????
  • I don't understand why the Eagles didn't hire Hollywood he has it all figured out
  • I don't know what's going on between you and Wood here, but what does Flacco have to do with Foles, Vick, and the Eagles?
  • Why is he taking offense over a guy who plays on a team he claims to hate? Flacco has been outstanding this post season. He and Boldin have been giving teams fits. Flacco may not be elite, but the Ravens are going to have to pay him elite money if they want to keep him.
  • Secret Looooover Haha. :D
  • Don't get too upset. He thinks Benie Wells is elite.
  • and isnt flacco??? or am I guessing playing in the super bowl???? and where are eagles??? HOME~~~~
  • Falcco- 5 seasons, 5 playoff appearances, 3 afc champions ships, 1 superbowl appearance, another had Lee Evans caught a perfect 25 yard rocket strike in the corner of the endzone. But I think Foles is better at 1-5 and injured.
  • if your that good at writing why arent you making money??? what are you doing here dude????
  • Who are you referring to? At least specify a name when you write that way.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Broncos fans really dislike Phil Simms

Chris Davis helps flip truck on highway

How long will Dennis Allen last?

Papelbon gets seven-game suspension

WATCH: Student has incredible dunk fail

WATCH: Tebow makes 'GMA' debut

Kaepernick on language flag: ‘I didn’t say anything’

RG3: MRI results positive, no fracture

Adrian Peterson to play in Week 3

Five QBs who should be benched

NFL Week 2 statistical tailgate

NFL admits refs erred on Harvin TD

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.