February 04, 2014

One Less Team On The List Of Non Super Bowl Winners In NFL History

I was pulling for the Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl, thought Peyton would cement his legacy. Instead the Broncos were flat and got schooled by a team that was obviously better prepared. The Seahawks also erased their name from the list of teams to never win the Super Bowl. The remaining teams who have never won the big game is now down to 13 teams, they are:

Minnesota Vikings 0 for 4

Buffalo Bills 0 for 4

The following teams all 0 for 1:

Tennessee, San Diego, Cincinnati, Carolina, Atlanta and Arizona .

The following have never been to the game:

Jacksonville, Detroit and Houston and Cleveland.

Then theirs my favorite Loser of them All, I saved them for last. The Philadelphia Eagles have tried and failed twice...so all is right with the Football Gods as far as I'm concerned.

14 Comments:
  • Great thread GR! There are not many teams left who haven't won the big one. It's incredible that we have won nine between the both of us. One thing I say every year about the Cowboys is they have a chance to win the Super Bowl. You just never know who is going to win the big game. However,we do know every year that one team is not going to win it and that's the Philadelphia Seagulls.
  • I hear ya Tony, winning is a good feeling.
  • We've actually won 4
    1926,1948, 1949, 1960.

The name Super Bowl is just that, a NAME. They changed the name after 1965, but according to the PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME ( http://www.profootballhof.com/history/general/champions.aspx) Super Bowl champs and NFL champs are the same thing.
  • Actually the Frankford Yellow Jackets won it in 1926, not the Eagles, the Eagles won 3 NFL Championships before it was called the Super Bowl. If you want to count the Championships before the Super Bowl Era then my guys have won 8 total Championships. But that's nothing compared to the Green Bay Packers who won 11 NFL Championships and 4 Super Bowls for 15 total Championships. The NFL in fact clearly separates the 2 Eras but it's fine if fans want to remember all the seasons that their team was on top. It's just not Super Bowls which is what this article was about. But that's cool...Peace.
  • That's why Green Bay is title town dipsh!t
  • Classy comeback 20dawk...er, I mean dickwad.

Update: February 06, 2014
    Oh and I guess that makes Philadelphia Anti TitleTown.
  • Good point with the FYJ.

As far as the eras being split, yes they are. They're two different eras. They should be split. It's good that the merger isn't treated like it was nothing the way the NBA did it.

My point here is that the NFL sees ALL of these as one contiguous history, not as two separate "but equal" things.
  • Flip I like ya bro but NFL champion is not the same as Super Bowl or World champion which were the two names given when the league merged in 1970. GR is right that the Eagles didn't win the NFl championship in 1926 but in 1926 the NFL champion was crowned by the best winning percentage and played zero playoff games. NFl champion and Super Bowl-World champion are two very completely different titles. As I said the Eagles have zero World championships and zero Super Bowl rings. The path to a Super Bowl and the path to the so called NFL champions are two completely different paths. Class dismissed.
  • Well according to the HOF they ARE the same.

As they, (not you) are an adjunct of the NFL, I'm more likely to take their word over yours.
  • According to the HOF the Eagles have zero Super Bowls and this is the title of the thread. They are not the same. Leagues were combined. Playoff formats were established. The name was changed because everything changed. Two different era's. I am going by the Hall Of Fame and the Eagles have zero Super Bowls.
  • Okay.
  • Not a list I want my team on GR.
  • After losing Jackson I don't see them winning a Super Bowl any time soon. Players like that, you just can't replace.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

The NBA's most overpaid players

MLB players likely to be traded by July 31st

10 best WWE matches of 2014 so far

Breaking down NFL MVP odds

The best GMs in the NFL today

Best 40 and under college football coaches

Most underpaid players in the NBA

Trade needs for each MLB contender

Who is the #1 fantasy football pick?

Most exciting walkoffs of the week

Way-too-early 2014 bowl projections

NBA free agency and trade tracker

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.