July 08, 2013

Paying A Quarterback 3 Mil To Get The Heck Out Of Dodge.

No not our beloved Eagles, but that team that just keeps getting it right the Chokeland Raiders. These bums are STILL paying JaMarcus Russell 3 million NOT to play for them. These idiots running that terrible organization are on the hook for a whopping 49million of DEAD MONEY against the cap! If this team of misfits and morons win 6 games I will be shocked. Perhaps the Raiders should give him a call back! Heck they are ALREADY paying him, and with the trash they currently have running (or should I say ruining) their offense he could be the best guy on their roster today at 300 pounds high on purple drink. Nice work Chokeland. You continue to look like the keystone cops of the NFL despite what ONE person thinks.

11 Comments:
  • Old Country Buffet has to be loving his contract.
  • Imagine getting paid 3mil to do nothing!
  • I hope you aren't a Flyers fan (Byrz).

Or a Sixers fan (Geiger).

Or a Phillies fan (Polanco).

Even the Eagles were set to pay Andy Reid his remaining 6.3 mil if didn't get another gig.

Teams use buyouts to move on. Even casual fans know that. Only bar chicks don't.
  • Is it really moving on when it counts against your cap? Only village idiots don't realize that.
  • ALL buyouts count against the cap. They are designed to lessen the length of the remaining commitment. Some like Byrz and Geiger, play out over YEARS.

Incidentally, we fought doing it until a judge ruled in his favor. At this point what are we gonna do, NOT OBEY A COURT ORDER? there's no sense in that. Here's a better idea. Give him his three mil; close the door on a bad chapter; and start with a clean slate and HISTORIC truckload of money in 2014.

Oh, and if we're as bad in 2013 as you're hoping, we can go DRAFT that top-shelf QB talent you want us to have.
  • "Oh, and if we're as bad in 2013 as you're hoping, we can go DRAFT that top-shelf QB talent you want us to have."
    No they wont! They are the Raiders! They are going to trade away their first round pick for some nearly 30 year old player they think will get their 4-12 roster over the top. They are still the same old Raiders. I can't wait for you to tell us how the Raiders trading away their first pick will be a good thing too. That will be a future laugh I can't wait to have.
  • If we traded away our 1st for a second and a guy like say, LeSean McCoy, it would be hard for me to find fault with that.

Also trading down for an additional second, and a first in 2015 wouldn't be a bad move, depending on how little help we need at QB after this year.

I'm not sold on Flynn, but since his skill set ISN'T really a mismatch for our new style, and since we also have Pryor and the rookie, I can wait to see what happens this year. Now if Flynn's a Steve DeBerg, Bernie Kosar, Rich Gannon-type serviceable sort, we'll be fine at QB for years.
  • Unfortunately the Raiders trade for malcontents like Randy
    Moss, and Carson Palmer. They then trade them away at a
    fraction of the cost they spent. Only a moron wouldn't
    find fault in that.
  • This is a good thing as long when it's the Raiders doing it. I'm sure it's somehow Kelly's fault that the Eagles have some dead money under their cap right now. LOL!
  • its called
    PRO SPORTS
  • The Raiders are spending only 66 million in active cap money, but are only 7 million under the cap. They are paying nearly as much money to players who aren't Raiders as they are to players who actually are! Only a frigging idiot looks at this as a good thing. Meanwhile the Eagles are spending a whopping 120 mil against the cap, but STILL have over 20 million in free cap space. Nevertheless we keep getting brow beaten on how the Raiders keep getting it right even though they don't understand the concepts of simple finances. If anyone out there views this is good please loan me you checkbook. I would like to perform some "good" Raiders like finances with it.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Storylines for each Week 1 NFL game

Welker suspended four games

Best, worst MLB players of August

Cowboys looking to add Michael Sam

Irsay suspended six games, fined $500K

NFL player's odd reason for face tattoo

Tebow drafted over Henne in fantasy

Texans, J.J. Watt agree on extension

WATCH: Pacquiao's tribute to NFL

Raiders name Derek Carr starter

Four Phillies no-hit the Braves

CFL team has reached out to Sam

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.