December 31, 2012

PLAYER ACCOUNTABILITY.

THERE is a lot being said by the players now about how not everybody was giving their all this year. I'm wondering why no one is mentioning these uncommitted players by name. It seems that if they go unnamed then they get away with bringing down the entire team this year. Saying "That's not right" somehow seems like an understatement. 

It's not enough to purge the coach. I want bad players held accountable before they can make the new coach's job harder than it will already be. Especially if we get a guy who also is making the jump from college to pro. 

21 Comments:
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Vick struggled but I doesn't blame it on lack of effort.
  • The new coach will be watch the tape. A lot of those Gus won't be on the roster next season. The question I have is why didn't all of these players who are calling out teammates now do it during the season? They spent more time calling out fans, declaring dynasties, having Twitter wars, and declaring how great they all are. The are the kings of talking too much. Also if Reid was so great why didn't he hold these players accountable by benching them?
  • I have typed in the past that Reid should have held some of these players accountable. Seems like in his desire to protect his team from the media with his blaming himself for every loss and telling the media how much effort his players gave he may have forgoten to somehow show them they needed to pick it up. Seems that way this year anyway. I think he gave too much respect to longtime veterans when it doesn't seem like they were giving it back by playing hard. Take Asomugha, for instance. Did he really get that bad or does he just not care anymore? A report (rumor?) came out earlier this year that his heart wasn't really into the game anymore and it sure seemed that way. If that showed to other players and to Reid then he should have been benched weeks ago. I'm all for handling your own affairs in your own way and keeping it out of the media and it seems like Reid did that with Babin but with all these new revelations and a 4-12 season was it enough?

On a side note...did you check out the post hollywood put in the San Diego Chargers yard? May be one of the lamest, strangest things he's ever done.
  • Whoever played horrible and they keep next year are the players that did it for Roseman. They plotted to oust Big Red.
  • Even now you can't escape Andy Reid. Mormons are Arizona bound.
  • I think he is. I think Arizona could be a GREAT fit for Andy by the way. Offensive fire power, weak division, Defense with potential...Could be. Could be.
  • Some Arizona fans may not want to give Kolb another year even with the coach that he seemed to play better at times under. Reid may be given a very short time by the fans if Kolb doesn't show improvement quickly under Reid (the fans can argue that Reid already gave up on Kolb and the talk I'm reading is that Bidwell would like Reid to see what he can get from him). All speculation right now obviously but I think that is Reid's biggest obstacle facing him if he is hired by Bidwell and they decide to hold onto Kolb.
  • Yes Reid is Mormon. He also played and coached at BYU.
  • I think some of the names are Nate Allen, Jeremy Maclin and DRC. Nate Allen just seemed like he had a happy look on his face while sounding sad when he was interviewed the day of coaches firing. What a coincidence that Maclin started giving effort with Foles and a few games before the season was over so everyone can have a lasting impression on him and DRC seems like a (all about me) guy. I think hes a jerk like his brother
  • I'd be fine with getting rid of all three of these guys. I bet Maclin visits the locker room during games more than any other player in the league.
  • DRC and Antonio are cousins and not brothers. I think there are plenty of guys who have not played up to their potential. I have a big issue with guys who are calling people out in the media especially if they aren't pointing the finger at themselves at first.

Signs your MLB fantasy season is already doomed

Redrafting the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft

The greatest moments from non-playoff NBA teams

Five-round NFL mock draft

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

10 jaw-dropping stats from the NBA season

The longest homers of the week

Ranking the best NFL free agents still available

Updated NBA Draft early entries list

Honest NBA playoffs slogans

Gallery: The best of Barbie Blank

Breakout candidates for the NHL playoffs

Draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.