May 13, 2013

Ranking The NFC East Quarterbacks

1) Even: Eli Manning:

Still at the top of the division, but one has to wonder if he’s petered out as a player. His passing yards dropped 1,000 yards last season. His completion percentage dropped under 60% for the first time in 4 years. Eli may be at the top of the NFC East quarterback mountain for now, but that doesn’t mean he will stay, and at 32 years of age we could be witnessing the beginning stages of his decline. It was a smart move by the Giants to draft a possible QB of the future to groom.

2) Climbing: RG3:

I know some will likely scoff at the idea of RG3 being hoisted to the number two spot on my list, but considering how far he took a team with probably the worst overall talent in the division to the playoffs with his presence there is something to be said about it. RG3 will have a far greater challenge of repeating his performances of last season (over 100 passer rating, over 20 touchdowns and only 5 interceptions) with the Redskins having a harder schedule and teams having a better idea of how to defend the read option. He is also going to have to DO A BETTER JOB of protecting his body and staying healthy, because the Redskins do not have a chance of winning much without him under center.

3) Falling: Tony Romo:

Now I know people are likely wondering how could a player who is STATISTICALLY better than the first and second guy be below them? Well I placed Romo at three, because of his knack for continuously making poor decisions with the football at the most inopportune time. He is one of the worst 4th quarter quarterbacks in football when it comes to turning the ball over. Tony is going to constantly have inflated stats as the Cowboys tend to play from behind. He’s going to put up big numbers every year, but the results will be the same. The Cowboys will be 3rd in the NFC East.  

4) Falling: Pick Em’:

If you know whom the Eagles starting quarterback is right now then you actually know more than the head coach does. In any case NONE of the options seem all that favorable right now. Many pundits believe Vick to be the guy as ASSume he fits Chip Kelly’s offense. Unfortunately those pundits are failing to do their homework as Chip Kelly himself has stating “decision making” (a weak point of Mike Vick) is more important to him than a quarterback who can run with the football. On a side note NONE of the Eagles quarterback (except maybe Dennis Dixon) really fit that mold of a guy who the team would want to run a lot of read option with. Barkley and Foles are too slow, Vick is too injury prone, Kinne is too green to even make the team, and Dixon is unproven. Until the Eagles make a decision on a quarterback, I don’t know what type of team they truly would be. In any case they have the worst quarterback situation in the division. When you have 5 quarterbacks, you really don’t have one at all.

3 Comments:
  • WOW! Under RG#, how did you get the words "DO A BETTER JOB" to appear red? (At least they do in the Google Chrome browser.)
  • RG3 is damaged goods. The Redskins put an unreasonble burden on his back. Just like McNabb. I saw a clip of Vick in practice Im afraid his skills are diminishing. Looked slow. But its early.
  • How can you say Vick is slow when he just beat out McCoy in a foot race? Why do you think after one season RG3 is damaged goods, but Vick has been hurt every year and you think he's the key to the Eagles success?
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

MLB postseason odds post deadline

Paul George suffers horrific injury

PGA Tour: Johnson is not suspended

MLB players who still might be traded in August

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

Pacquiao likely to retire in 2016

Can Vince McMahon save TNA and WWE?

WATCH: TV station airs unfortunate Ray Rice blooper

College football's best coordinator duos

Best fantasy options at every position

Bosh: I was close to leaving Miami

Goodell defends Ray Rice punishment

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.