August 01, 2013

REALLY SHADY?

JUST an excerpt from an article  regarding LeSean McCoy's take on the Riley Cooper incident and why McCoy can't respect Cooper anymore:

McCoy just might not see Cooper in the same light.

"I guess the real him came out that day," McCoy told Breer. "The cameras are off, you don’t think nobody's watching or listening, and then you find out who they really are. And to hear how he really came off, that shows you what he's really all about."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000224520/article/lesean-mccoy-cant-respect-a-guy-like-riley-cooper

Really Shady?

Isn't this the same guy who when "cameras were off" held down a woman and doused her with drinks, before tossing her off a bus, where he was going to strand her in the middle of bumble f*** Jersey, until OTHER PEOPLE on the bus persuaded him not to? But THAT we give another chance I guess since BOTH people were Black. 

Is THIS who we really are? Seems to me if the Eagles cut Cooper, they are sending women a VERY clear message. Talk about a lack of respect.

6 Comments:
  • mcCoy puts his two cents on everything. And everytime he opens his mouth something stupid comes out. He jumps into the QB situation, smacks his ex around, has something to say about cooper and isnt that great. to me hes a punk but what do i know.
  • I love the part where he says when the cameras where off and no one is around. I'm pretty sure cooper got right in front of the camera. Problem is he's got some b!tch for a friend.
  • Are you referring to the person who posted the video or McCoy with his whole "losing a friend" comment?

Regarding the person who posted the video, I'm pretty sure that person isn't a friend now if they were to begin with.

Regarding McCoy, if a single word can cost a man your friendship and respect, then how much are those things truly worth? Given McCoy's behavior off the field, I think Cooper losing McCoy's friendship goes in the silver lining basket.
  • The problem here guys, is that the cameras are NEVER off anymore. Because everybody has one in their pockets. Cooper was a fool for saying something so insensitive in public knowing full well that someone may have been recording it. Especially since he was no doubt recognized as an Eagles player, hell the concert was in NJ right near PA. So he had to know there were people who knew who he was. Now it's coming out that he may have been aware since June that the video existed and that he was contracted to do this, why I have no earthly idea. Some famous dead guy once said..."Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive". Maybe someday people will just learn to judge others on the content of their character and not the color of their skin, race, religion sexual preference or national origin. When that happens and racist dinosaurs become extinct maybe we can move past all this and truly become the Human Race.
  • Cooper wasn't a fool for saying a word. It's just a word. Who gets to pick and choose what words you use? Or that I use? Likely nobody.

This notion that being a public figure restricts your right to speak is a falsehood and is specious reasoning at best. Bill Cosby is a public figure who has USED his standing as a public figure to say some things that many Blacks have not liked having to hear. David Duke was a KKK Grand Wizard and he was able to run for president in 1988, for God's sake! (While writing this I just took a second to look him up to see if he was still alive. He currently HOLDS OFFICE in Louisiana!)

Many Blacks feel that Cosby denigrated them publicly, and don't get me started on Duke, yet THEIR right to free speech is protected and celebrated; meanwhile a drunk athlete, riled up amongst "friends" is publicly crucified. THIS disparity is the real problem. Our social hypocrisy is the real problem.

Yet we'll continue to wage war on a word.
  • Your right Flip, Duke does hold office in Louisiana...but his constituents are in many cases the dinosuars I was referring to. My point is simple....it doesn't matter if everyone is offended by what Cooper said, common sense dictates that many, both black and white, could care less. The fact is, he said it, and opened a can of worms he can't shut now. If he was smart he would never have said it, even if it is how he feels. Oh sure, he's saying all the right things now, but who really knows except him whether he's sincere or it's all just damage control at this point.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Welker suspended four games

Best, worst MLB players of August

Cowboys looking to add Michael Sam

Irsay suspended six games, fined $500K

NFL player's odd reason for face tattoo

Tebow drafted over Henne in fantasy

Texans, J.J. Watt agree on extension

WATCH: Pacquiao's tribute to NFL

Raiders name Derek Carr starter

Four Phillies no-hit the Braves

CFL team has reached out to Sam

Switch pitcher could see action in MLB

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.