March 06, 2013

Reid calling the shots in KC. Is Chip calling the shots in Philly?

I see Andy in KC making deals , signing players and essentially beginning to assert his control over KC affairs.  While here in Philly,  I dont see anything close to control by Chip.  In fact, I would almost argue he is not controlling anything.  This simply looks like a guy fronting for the front office.   Of course that can change but I dont think slashing and burning is the way you jump in and assert control.  This is an extension of prior business.  And I just dont see any change in the Eagle tone at all.  This guy is a patsy so far.

10 Comments:
  • Wow...now that Reid is out from underneath the "smothering control" of Jeff Lurie you almost seem to have a little respect for the man. Tell me how you can tell that Kelly isn't making the moves here and what makes you think that Reid didn't have his say when he was in Philly? Keep in mind that Reid is why Vick is here (hate that but it is true) and your boy Ike Reese just got done saying an hour ago that he believes that Reid is the only reason that Desean Jackson is still an Eagle and that Reid was probably the reason behind Herremans and Coles extensions last year (makes sense...a coach making sure he takes care of his longtime players on his way out). Kelly hasn't had time to assert himself yet...the questionable assistant coaching hires are partly his fault by taking so long to make up his mind. He is doing the right thing by taking as much time as he needs in going over the roster and he did make his presence felt in one way (keeping Vick...he may have been the only coaching option that would have put Vick and Foles back on level ground...most would have shown Vick the door). You should give the man his first season including his first off season before you start questioning whether he's a coach or a puppet...with you I'm hardly surprised though.
  • This is just my perception now. I think we have a long way to go with free agency and the draft. I think Reid was more competent at working with Lurie. Lurie is a controlling owner whether you want to believe it or not. Reid carried out his orders and was prtetty successful considering how restricted he was with Lurie. I just think he was an arrogant sob and I ddint like his lies and deceit. Its all documented. I dont need to rehash the Dawkins land D-mac lies. The castillo backstabbing and hiring and so on. But he worked very well in tandem with mommas boy. Now Chip isnt really setting the tone. In fact, he almost looks like a sideshow while all these rumors swirl around. You know Nhamdi and DRC gone. patterson and Jenkins gone. I mean doesnt he have an opinion on any of it? Guess not. So while the front office is determined to put a sub-standard product on the field he is holding his dick in his hand. Id like to hear his strategy or what he wants to accomplish. anything? But right now Im seeing what the front office wants to accomplish saving money. So Im skeptical. Is Vick really gonna go aout there again and get his brains knocked in with a team that hasnt adressed any issues and has compounded them by getting rid of players and number crunching. I dont know. I liked the concept and the Lurie dribble speech( I feel yor pain). But the actions are counter to the concept. Right now , I think we are sinking. Im still evaluating but its going in the wrong direction. wrong tone .
  • Everything you type is your {distorted) perception right down to your opinion on Reid and Lurie and how they did their business together. You sit there and judge every Eagles coach by moves you believe that are being driven by Lurie and the FO without truly knowing who is making the calls. I would guess that Kelly is working with Roseman and looking at what options they have to make this team better...it HAS to be a team effort when they started the season over the cap whether you want to believe that or not especially since Kelly has to learn and understand cap structure. Most of these cuts had to be made...most of the fans know and understand what needs to happen here...you just refuse to "get it" so you can continue to whine.
  • Reid hasn't really made huge moves if you think about it. Franchising Albert is a no brainer. Resigning Bowe another no brainer. Trading for Smith another no brainer when you consider that the QB draft class is so weak. People forget the Chief's roster is actually pretty strong (5 pro bowlers last season). Reid has kept two talented guys in KC and addressed his QB issue. The only reason Kelly hasn't made moves like this is because the Eagles we're faced with losing guys like Albert or Bowe, and after Alex Smith the available QB pool bleak. They didn't make a run at Smith because they would be giving up a 2nd that is better suited being used to help the other holes the team has.
  • You have to measure the talent you have. And on that defense whether you like them or not the players they are hammering away at are the better players on that crummy defense. In the secondary who is better than DRC and Nhamdi. On the D-line who is better than Jenkins and Patterson at their repective positions? maybe Cox?
  • well the players that you mentioned all seem to be over paid and under achieving. that's why those guys are being hammered. Kelly is rebuilding no matter if the fans like it or not and to rebuild you have to do some demolition.
  • and to think? what a dynasty he could have built right here in Eugene,Oregon, the next Nick Saban , But NO he wanted the bright lites??? Ok Chip let er rip.....
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • There's nothing to really rip Chip about yet let him have at least one regular season game before ripping his head off. I'll agree some of his moves have me scratching my head too but until he actually fails there's no basis for tearing him apart.
  • spottella believe me...give everyone time to set the noose? to be put around the ex coach from Oregon's neck, unless a miracle occurs?
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

College football's most improved teams

Best MLB prospects by projected WAR

Gallery: Wrestlers dressed like dorks

Five QBs who Miami let leave Florida

NBA free agency and trade tracker

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

NFL coaches on the hot seat in 2014

The top 32 fantasy QBs for 2014

Best NFL player at every number

NFL cheerleader calendar blowout

NFL teams with best homefield advantage

Gallery: The best of Hannah Ferguson

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.