October 14, 2013

Remember All The Poll Chatter?

There was one particular fan who was obsessed with the polls earlier this year. He went on and on about how all the polls favored Vick. Well now after three games of Nick Foles finding the end zone and watching Vick fail to do so game after game it seems the polls have moved in favor of Foles. The Philly.com poll has 70%of the fans wanting Foles to start over Vick even if he's healthy. Eagles message board polls have Foles earning the job at an even higher number. The Eagles website is showing Foles was the best part of winning and not the fact we crawled to a 3-3 record. It would seem that the fans want Foles. I don't think it's a coincidence the winning started once he got in there.

6 Comments:
  • It's all about seeing an offense that moves with more consistency instead of seeing a mistake ridden game with a few big plays every now and then...hopefully Kelly realizes this also.
  • Perhaps Chip needs to see more, but honestly Mike Vick is like a drug for coaches. They know it's bad for them, but that can't help themselves from wanting more of it. There's an assumption that Vick is going to become something he's never been. Heck Marty thought he could be as good as Steve Young. So many get enamored with the talent they lose sight of what's really happening on the field. If Nick Foles crushes the Cryboys he will certainly open the eyes of many, but people will still talk of trading him away for a pick ad drafting another QB, and ultimately going back to Vick.
  • I've heard a couple hosts on WIP state that they think Kelly is thinking longer term for Vick...that it wasn't only about one season. I'm not sure why they feel that way. If Kelly had that much confidence in Vick he not only would have signed him to a longer deal he would have at the least anointed him starter from day one.
  • I think Vick was a tryout for Kelly, but I think Kelly believes he can run his offense better with Vick in theory. In reality Nick Foles makes this offense move better, but myths and theories are usually more colorful and exciting than reality.
  • I love Foles and I think he is the future of the organization. That said, I'm waiting to see 1 more game from him before I crown him the Franchise.

I can see him taking a step back in this Dallas game. Which sucks, because a guy who has only started 8 games shouldn't be expected to be perfect in every game! However, this City is asking for just that. If Foles comes out and plays extremely well against Dallas, this QB controversy needs to be put to bed and we need to crown this guy for the season.

If he plays badly, Vick starts the following week and this QB controversy will last all season
  • I wouldn't crown him after one more game. Neither of these quarterbacks can stake claim to anything until they show me for an extended period of time. What happens when teams get tape on Foles and game plan for him? We don't know yet so crowning him now would be foolish. He could be the next Rex Grossman for all we know.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Mayor egged for moving ballpark

Nike halts Peterson sponsorship

Fan drops wedding ring on field

Ronda Rousey rips Cyborg...again

NFL, NFLPA agree, players reinstated

Five NFL surprises after two weeks

Adrian Peterson out indefinitely

Tony Stewart case goes to grand jury

WATCH: Barkley bounces first pitch

Brandon Marshall calls out ESPN

Starks confirms hip-hop urban legend

Castillo 'likely' to debut Wednesday

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.