October 28, 2013

Report: Beanie Wells tears Achilles at Ravens tryout

[Former Arizona Cardinals starting running back Beanie Wells tore his Achilles during his tryout for the Ravens last week, which precluded them from signing the former Ohio State standout and is expected to sideline him for the remainder of the season, Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports.] This is the guy that a certain someone wanted, because he's supposed to be tough? This is the guy who was supposedly better than Shady McCoy? This is the guy who was supposed to be a top 5 back??? Wasn't he supposed to be some kind of big time bruising back and he got hurt at a tryout? FYI I sure hope that certain someone has finally taken this guy out of his top five list and off of his fantasy team.

8 Comments:
  • When healthy I think the guy is better than McCoy. McCoy hasnt shown anything without Vicks legs in the lineup. Wells was carrying a squad without a QB and OLine. Kind of tough to run without ANY help. Whats MCoys excuse for having two ctummy games without Vick in the lineup? His numbers are pedestrian w/o Vick. Wells is injured and probably done in the NFL but that doesnt change the fact that when he played he was a a very tough RB.
  • Vick was in the line up in both Giants games and McCoy didn't play well in either of him so lets stop with this idea that Vick is the solution, because he certainly isn't. Next McCoy's best game was arguably the Tampa game with Foles. McCoy is in the top five in rushing while Benie baby wasn't even in the league. When he got a chance to be in the league he literally blew it. This bum can't carry McCoy's cleats.
  • there have been alot of good players that never had a solid opportunity to prosper. McCoy wasnt a top 5 RB last year and by this seasons end he wont be. When pressed into action last year he came up lame. First hard hit in that Giant game and he took himself out. He cant carry the load gam,e in and out and wont.
  • Lol dude you're funny with your strange revisionist history. Even judging by your nonsensical logic Benie wouldn't be on any lists at all. I bet you're still saying the Ravens are a top five team to lol.
  • How can you even start to make fun of a team that just won the Superbowl. Thats laughable to put this crud in the same sentence of the well respected hard hitting and tough Ravens. The Eagles are girls amongst the Ravens. Not even a comparison. So dont waste my time with the petty attempt to get me to argue.
  • Dude that's last season. The Chiefs were awful last season and undefeated now. Turn the page bro.
  • A culture of high expectations always is present in Balto. The Eagles need to get on that page before you can even put them in anyones conversation. You want to talk about where the Eagles and McCoy stand root at the bottom with the Jags. Thats where the Eagles are holding court right now.
  • Well Wood I'm not the one preaching SB for either team. Just stating the facts, and the truth is the Ravens cut salary and key players. They aren't as good as they used to be. It's that simple.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Raiders name Derek Carr starter

Four Phillies no-hit the Braves

CFL team has reached out to Sam

Switch pitcher could see action in MLB

Power ranking every NFL stadium

Astros fire manager Bo Porter

Who is up next for Ronda Rousey?

Gronk: 'I'm ready to go' for Week 1

Verlander, Upton nude photos hacked

Blue Jays give Jeter unique farewell gift

Photos: D-Wade and Gabby tie the knot

Jimmy Johnson: Jerry Jones comes across like an A-hole

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.