October 31, 2013

Set up for failure

I really think Nick Foles was set up for failure.  There were a few throws that were off but I have watched the game a few times and he didnt have a receiver open all day long.  There is some a**holes on this team that are buddy buddy with Vick and we have all heard them all come out and say that Vick should be their starter even before the cowgirl game.  I dont think Djack and McCoy were giving full effort againts the cowboys.  DJack looked like he was jogging most of the game.  Our skilled postion players made the cowboys secondary look like probowlers. 

13 Comments:
  • I think we all know i'm the biggest Foles supporter but Foles did have a bad game. I honestly didn't watch most of it. I was out all day long until the drive where Foles took the Eagles down the field and missed a connection w/ Avant right before having his concussion.

That said, I've read multiple sources say Foles missed on different receivers all day. So I have to accept Foles had a bad game.

Did Djax probably run half A*sed routes? MOST LIKELY. Also note, McCoy owned up to his horrible game and said it was the worst he has played since he was a rookie.
  • Doesn't matter if desean was walking out there if all the balls were out of bounds. If anyone seriously thinks the players were dogging it out there they're morons who don't know football.
  • 20 is right. Nobody was "dogging it" for Foles, because if they were how can anyone explain the Giants game or the fact when Barkley wasn't making a turnover he was moving the football. Foles had a very bad game. He missed wide open receivers, was completely inaccurate, and was late with the ball far too often. There was no conspiracy here other than the fact the moment seemed to big for Foles at that time.
  • I saw Djax play like a *** in the Giants game as well. Djax prefers Vick and plays harder for Vick. It's 100% clear.
  • Vick played against the Giants twice. I feel that Jackson played one of his better games this seasons with Foles and not Vick. This play harder stuff kind of seems like excuses for Foles. I saw the game from the stands and Foles continuously missed wide open receivers, and was consistently late on his delivery. He was very inaccurate all game. In short Foles choked. That doesn't mean he can't rebound from it, but this idea that everyone plays worse for Foles to screw him over doesn't fly for me, because they seem to look just as bad for Vick. That means it's more on the quarterback and less on the others.
  • If players are dogging it and STILL getting to start, (or play at all), then the fault is no longer with the players but with the Head Coach.

If the HC has players undermining his word then they have set themselves up to be made examples of. That should go without exception, and is an issue of discipline. I recall mentioning discipline being an issue this spring. That leads to the question: Who's in charge, the players or the coach?
  • Like I said I think players dog it for Vick because they let Vick aquire all the pressure to run move and take the hard hits. If there is one box to be delivered and x & y to deliver it nine out of ten times x will hand that box over. Human nature. What may appear like not trying could be a player knowing the outcome before the play ends.
  • It cannot be said that starters are dogging it without saying that Chip Kelly has already lost control of the team. If fans can spot dogging, then a coach (through WEEKS of film study) should be able to as well.

To accuse players of dogging and STILL being allowed to start, can only mean that the coach is allowing it to go on. Unless fans are trying to say that Chip Kelly can't spot when a guy is taking downs off.
  • I agree with you on that point but Im not seeing a lack of effort. The only thing I think people misinterpret is D-jax limitations. The guy is a 150 pds wet. What is he gonna don run between the DL and linebackers on crossing patterns. I was at the carolina game last year when he did that and knew while the play developed that he was going to get hammered. Foles tossed it right in carolinas wheelhouse and the result was jackson got smashed and broken.
  • That's my point. I don't really think guys are dogging it continuously.

I think there HAVE been some plays out there where players (mostly TE's) have not run through a route or run the wrong routes, but that's less a dogging it issue and more a matter of not platooning them so much.

I think this "everybody gets to play" mentality has robbed the roster of an internal competitive fire. If Kelly let one guy know that 75- 85% of the snaps would go to the best TE, I think you'd get some inspired play from at least 1 of the 3.

I know Celek was a different player before they started trying to do the whole Cornelius Ingram/Clay Harbor thing, where they had a guy who was more WR than TE to take snaps from Celek. He just looks disinterested half the time. This is weird because over the last few years when they call on on him consistently HE PRODUCES. Look at his game logs. He'll have a stretch of games where he's heavily involved in the gameplan and then he seems to get forgotten about. That of course was under Andy. What Kelly has in store I cannot say.
  • I think Celek works really hard but I dont think he ever recovered from his sports hernia. I think that injury plagued LJ Smith, McNabb and Celek . It effected their play years after the diagnosis. I dont know much about that injury biut i know it weakened their core. They lost speed and flexibility. Just a novice observation
  • Once again Jackson and Cooper have their best games with Foles and not Vick. Let's put this ridiculous conversation about them playing harder for Mike Pick to rest.
  • You'd think that there'd be a lot more enthusiasm on here after yesterday. At the very least you'd think people would be talking more about their enthusiasm for Nick Foles.

Signs your MLB fantasy season is already doomed

Redrafting the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft

The greatest moments from non-playoff NBA teams

Five-round NFL mock draft

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

10 jaw-dropping stats from the NBA season

The longest homers of the week

Ranking the best NFL free agents still available

Updated NBA Draft early entries list

Honest NBA playoffs slogans

Gallery: The best of Barbie Blank

Breakout candidates for the NHL playoffs

Draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.