February 04, 2013

Since 09 The Eagles Have Hosted The Eventual Super Bowl Winner.

Prior to this season the trend was the Eagles lost their home opener to the eventual Super Bowl winners. It started with the Saints, then to the Packers, and then the Giants. This season the Eagles were the team that finally got the win, but the same result applies as once again the team the Eagles played in their home opener has won the Super Bowl. It's like our own personal Madden Curse. Whoever will be playing the Eagles next season in our first home game is going to get real excited. Their fans might as well book the tickets once the game is announced.

15 Comments:
  • Speaking of Super Bowl winners, I sincerely hope when Juan gets his ring he puts it on his middle finger, takes a picture, and sends it to Jim Washburn with the following caption:

"Sit on it and twist, dickweed!!" - Signed Juanita
  • He ought to CC one to Andy Reid, since Reid lacked the testicular fortitude to fire Washburn when he was causing all the trouble to begin with,.
  • Funny. I was actually going to make that recommendation too.
  • I'm just glad Reid has taken his stubbornness to KC. He may think Eagles fans were rough, but those winners in KC cheered their own player getting hurt. Despite how much people may hate Vick, nobody has ever cheered for it in Philly and we have had lots of opportunities to do so considering how often Mike gets injured.
  • I'm not so sure we have much room to criticize. We did cheer Irvin getting hurt. I know we may have hated his guts and still do, but that was just wrong and a dick move.
  • First he wasn't an Eagle. Second prior to that injury he riled up the fans with al of his pushing off, and ridiculous antics after every first down. He was an enemy. Nothing like them cheering their own going down. The guy was active in their community for crying out loud.
  • That's true ganggreen, it was a tasteless act...anyone on here knows I don't like the eagles, but I would NEVER cheer if one of yours was lying injured on the turf. Having played the game I know how quickly you can get injured and it's all over. Anyone who would cheer for a player getting injured is a real dirtbag. And as far as the hosting eventual Super Bowl winners the last 4 seasons....If you can't win one....may as well host the ones that do.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • I was at the Redskin game in DC when Westbrook got the concussion. Those scumbags cheered and were happy about it. Westbrook is from the VA area! He never once was a showboat, never rubbed anything in their face, and they cheered his injury. It was probably karma that brought their fav Cris Cooley down in the same game. I did not cheer for his injury. Besides we beat them soundly that game. That and seeing all of those sad quiet faces was satisfying enough.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • cute cheered their own injured player CUTE....
    yes sir sportmanship out the old winder>??? oop I forgot this is a business screw everyone except us....
  • ohh cute lets start the WAVE when one of our own limps off the field...lets really show the young fans the meaning of SPORTSMANSHIP!!!!
  • Eagles fans get a bad rap for the actions of a few, meanwhile the Chiefs entire stadium roars in excitement one of their own was hurt, and they have the nerve to say they aren't Philly? They are right. They are far more classless.
  • Good point easy
    chiefs fans should get ushered out for that sort of behavior!!! but Im sure with the help from alkeyhaul????
    I see that kind of crap used in college ball.
    classless ?? I call it more idiotic
    I wouldnt call them FANS...id call them a bunch, in house to make trouble
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Meet the 2014-15 Oregon cheerleaders

Pelini: Marijuana use is ‘out of control’

Highlights from Eli Manning's AMA

NFL suspends Aldon Smith for 9 games

Giants RP retires 46 straight to set record

HR legend tries to hit 186 MPH fastball

M's player goes after scout following taunt

Kenny Hill sets A&M record in upset win

2014 Heisman Trophy favorites

Shaw asked USC to change hero story

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts hospitalized

Tony Stewart to race again on Sunday

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.