September 27, 2013

So Can Our Beloved Eagles Win?

It's become a case of David verses Goliath. Nobody thinks the Eagles have any chance of winning verses the Broncos and they are probably right. With that being the case it's still any given Sunday and there are a few things the Eagles could do in order to give themselves a better chance of winning. First off they must hold onto the football. They cannot give Peyton Manning short fields and extra possessions and expect to win this game. That means Mike Vick can't afford to be himself in this game. He can not be so careless with the football. It seems like every game this season Vick has done something that has cost the team in some way and that must stop now. The second thing the Eagles must do is control the clock. They are going to have to run the ball. I know that may seem easier said than done considering how high the Broncos are ranked verses the run, but some of that could be due to the fact the Broncos force teams into abandoning the run to keep pace. If Mike Vick has to throw the ball 30-40 times in order to catch up we've already lost. Besides if there is any back in football who is capable of running against the Broncos it's Shady McCoy. Third the Eagles have to find a way to spread the ball around more. The offense is to centered around about 4 players. The Eagles need to get more shots to player like Ertz, Johnson, and Casey. Most importantly they need to move Jackson around, and find ways to get him the ball in space. They can't just let the Broncos gameplan him out of the game like the Chiefs did. Forth the defense must keep containment. They can not allow the Broncos players to get to the outside on them. That means the linebackers, corners, and safeties must force the plays back towards the middle of the field and let the inside guys get hits on them. Wolff and Allen must make take good lanes to the ball. We can't have guys beating them to the edge. Fifth the Eagles have to mix up their defensive gameplan. They have to blitz when it seems they should not, zone when they usually don't, and man up when they usually don't. One thing is certain they should not just rush three. They also should show Manning multiple fronts show several players at the LOS, but have many of them drop back. The team is going to have to tackle as well. You know Manning is going to get his in, but the team is going to have to get people down especially on third down plays. The long hold over from the Eagles last game could help or hinder them. s long as they focus on their opponents and not what ESPN is saying they should be fine. This one is a gut check for this team. If they have any pride in themselves this would be the game it shows up. There is no one giving them a shot to win. That's why they need to give the Brocos everything they got.

31 Comments:
  • Is it likely the Eagles win? Well no, but there have been bigger upsets in the past. One thing is certain the Cryboys, Gnats, and Racistskins all succ so we won't be out of this thing. Wouldn't be surprised to see us go undefeated in the division.
  • The Eagles will hang for a half and then get squashed in second half.
  • Damn. Good call.
  • 38-30 eagles win.
  • The NFL should band fans from using peds also. They become delusional and make egregious statements (above) that put me at a disadvantage.
  • So true, because we all know the Cryboys succ 4 real doe.
  • I know one thing. A guy like Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix from Bama sounds pretty nice about now. This secondary needs all the help it can get. Also, while Vick wasn't the reason they lost today he ain't gonna be the reason they win many either. God what a conundrum. With next year's draft, where do you begin?
  • Kelly has to start with his QB in my opinion. If he goes into year two with Vick or a still unproven Foles or any question mark at QB for that matter it could spell trouble for him. A young high draft pick to lead his team will at least give a sense of direction instead of just feeling like they're spinning their wheels at the mist critical position on the field.
  • I just think there's too many teams ahead of us right now for us to have a shot at Boyd or Bridgewater, but lucky for us this QB class in remarkably deep. I would want Mariota as well, but he's been skyrocketing up the draft boards lately. I saw one mock draft that had him as high as #3 overall. If Bridgewater, Mariota, and Boyd are gone my choice would have to be Hundley then.
  • That could mean we don't need to reach to get a guy.
  • Regardless of what round (probably the first), Kelly has to get "his" guy next year and he has to start in 2014...if he doesn't I will lose any faith I may still have in him by then. He can't go into year two not knowing what the future holds in the most important position on the field...the main reason I wanted to see what Foles could do in his second year (okay, the number two reason...number one would have been just knowing that Vick was gone).
  • That's hoping Kelly doesn't bolt for the USC job.
  • Vick looks like a QB afraid to make a mistake. He's lost his confidence. It's time 4 the bench.
  • Seems I was talking football, I said the Broncos would crush the beagles and they did...52-20.
  • The Midgets are at the bottom of the division. Their fans are calling for heads. I also wrote the Midgets would lose, and they will next week as well.
  • The games in the division will tell the whole story. We were way outclassed and outmatched. Again i will bang it into your head. Until this owner ponies up the right bucks this is the kind of garbage we will continue to see. We are 19 million under the cap and anyway you cut it we lack talent. If you are not convinced that the Broncos had more talent then you need a brain scan.
  • The Broncos have Manning, and more drafted talent than free agent talent. Manning is like another coach on the field, conversely we are just happy when a quarterback doesn't turn the ball over. Maybe Andy Reid should have lobbied for Manning instead of lobbying for a turnover prone ex-con. Just sayin....
  • i think you pulling that card too soon. lets see what happens in the division games. if you havent noticed we are a game out of first place.
  • Too soon? How long has Vick been here? How long has he been in the league? What am I pulling the plug on that is clearly already a problem. Now Mike wasn't the sole reason for the Dever loss, and frankly he would have had to have played far better than Manning to win, but the fact he's unwilling to throw th ball in tight spaces means he is a guy who has lost his confidence. His running more isn't a sign of him getting better. It's a sign of him getting worse.look at his numbers. They tell the full story. FYI Vick played in 10 games last season and was sacked 28 times. He already has hlf that many sacks against after 4 games! He's clearly holding onto the ball too long, because he either lacks confidence in himself, the receivers, or worse he isn't able to decipher what the defense is doing to him.
  • Too soon? How long has Vick been here? How long has he been in the league? What am I pulling the plug on that is clearly already a problem. Now Mike wasn't the sole reason for the Dever loss, and frankly he would have had to have played far better than Manning to win, but the fact he's unwilling to throw th ball in tight spaces means he is a guy who has lost his confidence. His running more isn't a sign of him getting better. It's a sign of him getting worse.look at his numbers. They tell the full story. FYI Vick played in 10 games last season and was sacked 28 times. He already has hlf that many sacks against after 4 games! He's clearly holding onto the ball too long, because he either lacks confidence in himself, the receivers, or worse he isn't able to decipher what the defense is doing to him.
  • comment below viewing threshold

show comment

• There he goes again....talking to himselfagain Tony. I don't know if it's funny or just plain creepy.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Kenny Hill sets A&M record in upset win

2014 Heisman Trophy favorites

Shaw asked USC to change hero story

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts hospitalized

Tony Stewart to race again on Sunday

Fantasy stars who'll bounce back in 2014

WWE interested in Ronda Rousey?

NFL records that are poised to be broken in 2014

College football's all-name team

USC player calls coach racist, then quits the team

NFL has new policy for domestic violence suspensions

WATCH: Manziel in Snickers ad

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.