September 06, 2013

So What To Think Of This Cooper/Williams Fight?

At this point I am beginning to feel that neither of these players are worth their troubles right now. Both of them have drawn the ire of fans, media , and players alike. To see them both get into a fight at practice isn't all that surprising since they both are idiots. This is a tricky situation for Kelly to deal with. First off with Cooper he should have simply walked away from this guy when he had the chance. He isn't overly talented, some of the other options that he let go seemed just as productive during the preseason, and now all of the Eagles players are going to have to rally and protect a guy who is a racist. We all know he's going to hear it on that field, and like McCoy said everything something happens its all going to come out again. This issue that was supposedly over will continue to happen over and over again this season. We have heard how the Eagles are all supposedly over this Cooper incident, yet here it is back in the media thanks to another idiot. Cary Williams has had issue after issue since being an Eagle and the season hasn't even started yet. First he blows off most of OTAs to get sconces placed in his home. Has the nerve to basicly rip everyone for being critical of his choice of not being with his brand new team. Like his wife couldn't pick those things out or watch them be installed? Then he gets thrown out of practice with the Patriots for fighting. Then he calls out his own team for being soft. Did he forget that he missed OTAs for sconces??? Proceeded to get burnt over and over again during the preseason. Now when the season is about to start he decides to get into a fight with Cooper (although it was the other idiot Cooper who initiated the thing) and he himself decided to use a racial slur that was directly related to Cooper's racial slur. Chip Kelly has placed himself in a bad situation here. Since he did nothing to fix the problem with Cooper how can he now discipline Williams for his actions that are directly related to his poor decision on how he handled Cooper? Try as they may the Eagles aren't going to be able to swoop this under the rug. How can they? This Cooper situation will just drag on as long as he's on this team, and it won't go away unless Cooper outplays Desean Jackson. Other than maybe one person and a bunch of Klan members, does anyone really think that's even possible? Maybe the plan has been all along to ensure a scapegoat for Kelly and Cooper is that guy for the offense. Billy Davis is the scapegoat for the defense. All and all this seems like two really bad decisions by the Eagles brain trust between Williams and Cooper. Not surprising the two bad decisions are the ones who are making news.

15 Comments:
  • I just think its nice that Vick AND desean stepped up as leaders.
  • They both did step up, but I don't think it's wise to minimize this issue. The Eagles keep trying to do that and still it rears its ugly head. Every week they are going to have to deal with this unnecessary distraction. Every time there is an incident regarding Cooper it will comeback. The Eagles dropped the ball here. They should have just cut their ties with him.
  • Nice? Thats phuckin weak. Let them fight. This team is pure doo doo. Let them taste the wallow in their crap until someone steps up and says they have had enough. Maybe it is a Raven like Williams thats gonna bring back a little attitude to that lifeless defense.
  • U don't prove ur tough on the practice field.
  • Not only that, but Williams antics are more likely to hurt and not help the Eagles. He's going to collect a lot of penalties and ejections pulling all of this after the whistle crap.
  • Neither player has shown they are worth the trouble at all so far. Cooper has his chance right now to show he can play but I doubt he will (although I hope he proves me wrong) and Williams is nothing but a loudmouth who is a below average to average corner. They both need to just back off, shut up and play.
  • Williams will hit you but nothing more. Riley was wrapped up and covered like a blanket on the scrimmage play. Players like that get the QB killed.
  • Williams is acting less like a football player and more like a punk. I can see this guy costing us a lot of penalty yards with after the whistle nonsense. I wonder what he will get more personal fouls or interceptions this season.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • I don't miss Reid, but I do think this situation could have been handled much better than it has. Ironically the reason they can't really do anything about Cooper is because they are the team who gave Vick his second and now third chance. Now they are stuck with Vick and Cooper, and can't do anything about Williams, because his actions were directly related (or at least he can say they were) to Cooper and his racist rant. They should be called the Three Amigos of Stupidity. By the end of all of this the Eagles will wonder all of this was worth it.
  • I like a little thugery. Keep it up Williams maybe the rest of these wussies will catch on.
  • So does that mean since he's gone from the Ravens they are a bunch of wussies? Judging by their latest performance you could be onto something.
  • comment below viewing threshold

show comment

• So did the Patriots right Potter?
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Tony Stewart to race again on Sunday

Fantasy stars who'll bounce back in 2014

WWE interested in Ronda Rousey?

NFL records that are poised to be broken in 2014

College football's all-name team

USC player calls coach racist, then quits the team

NFL has new policy for domestic violence suspensions

WATCH: Manziel in Snickers ad

Peterson wants to play for Cowboys

See A&M's sick new locker room

New Redskins stadium in the works

Ranking the top 10 NFL running backs

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.