December 09, 2013

STARTING MY 2014 OFFSEASON WISHLIST

ONE of my biggest hopes for 2014 is that Dan Snyder fires Mike Shanahan. 

Lost in all the hullabaloo of the Foreskins lost season is the fact that Shanahan has the potential to make the 'skins dangerous. Who won the NFC East last year? Has Shanny ever won a SB? Two you say? Who else in football can cobble together a 1,000 yard rusher out of practically any RB you give him. (Two words: Rueben Droughns.)

Dan Synder on the other hand is practically radioactive. Since he got to D.C. it's been a circus and a laughingstock. From overpriced FA's to former coaches dragged out of retirement in an era of football that was past them, the 'skins have managed big fail after big fail after big fail.

As a RAIDERS fan I have to be honest and say my team followed more or less that same blueprint, but with a MASSIVE difference. Our Owner had come up through one success after another. He was a HOFer who had learned to trust his own gut even when the world was telling him he was wrong. On more than a few occasions the world was forced to eat it. Time began to past him by and in his old age his faculties were not what they once were.

Snyder has had no success in this arena and yet will not listen to wise council. Despite what should be one crushing, expensive public failure after another he plods on, getting in the way of men who clearly know better than he does.

If Shanahan is fired it will not be a win for the 'skins, and Dan Snyder will not look smart for having done it. I for one hope it happens. I like the 'skins in last place every year.

4 Comments:
  • I wish for a new owner for my Cowboys Flup. What a beatdown by the Bears
  • Well it doesn't look like Shanny is going anywhere. Granted, that could change in an instant on the highly dysfunctional soap opera known as the Redskins; but for now it would seem that we're stuck with that cagey bastard for at least 12-13 more months.

Generally a guy getting canned doesn't try to drive up the trade cost of a back-up QB on the team that's going to fire him. More sensible would be to trap him on the bench to keep the price low. That way when said coach went to his new team, it would be cheap to acquire a QB that he already knew.

Or maybe the plan is to sandbag the QB once he's out there to drop the price AND drive away rival suitors. Like I said Shanahan is a cagey son-of-a-*****. I wouldn't put anything past the guy.
  • I agree with you on that one.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

10 takeaways from NFL Week 2

Broncos fans really dislike Phil Simms

Chris Davis helps flip truck on highway

How long will Dennis Allen last?

Papelbon gets seven-game suspension

WATCH: Student has incredible dunk fail

WATCH: Tebow makes 'GMA' debut

Kaepernick on language flag: ‘I didn’t say anything’

RG3: MRI results positive, no fracture

Adrian Peterson to play in Week 3

Five QBs who should be benched

NFL Week 2 statistical tailgate

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.