Nnamdi Asomugha

DRC

Jason Babin

Cullen Jenkins

DeSean Jackson

Demetress Bell

Danny Watkins

Vince Young

Over the last two years there have been more Eagles playing sub-par, sub-THEM ball, than I've ever seen at one time. In fact, over the same time period only two Eagles really lit it up over the the last two years: 

Jason Peters

LeSean McCoy

In fact THAT isn't true either. They were better TWO years ago. Not so great last year. (Injuries.)

I'm not so sure that we aren't jumping the gun with all the low opinions of the athletes on our roster. We've managed to take a LOT of talent and squander it. And it's been across the board, at multiple positions. (I mean, BOTH Pro Bowl CB's suddenly went bad? BOTH? That doesn't seem weird?)

Maybe we need to cut these guys a little slack and see what this new coach, this... "change of scenery", can do for what we have already. I don't buy that THAT many players, on ONE roster, simply had their talent evaporate between winter and fall of 2011. It seems more realistic that there was systemic problem somewhere in the core. 

3 Comments:
  • I don't think it is a coincidence at all. Look at the majority of the names on your list. They aren't Eagles. They were mercenaries. Guys who came here for personal reasons. Money, revenge, redemption, and some of them were forced to come in trades. None of them understand Philly and how the people of Philly operate. They all had their own thing going on. They were a mesh of guys who collectively took Jeff Lurie's money and offered little in return. They are almost like a group of guys who are getting payback for all those players who didn't get the chance to fleece the Eagles out of millions with mediocre work. I think of all of the talk and causes they were supposedly trying to win for, but the reality is they are just a bunch of individuals. The list reminds me of those Redskin teams Dan Snyder paid all that money to and all they did was steal his money. Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Dana Stubblefield, Dan Wilkerson, Brad Johnson, Jeff George, Ki-Jana Carter, and so on. They were a regular who's who of overpaid underachieving veterans and that mentality set that franchise back years. The wise thing for the Eagles would be to purge as many of those guys from the roster as soon as possible. Get them gone before they ruin this locker room. Considering how some young guys are acting and how veterans like Trent Cole are changing it may already be too late.
  • As u can see the bad ones r gone already, plus Patterson. DRC just has too much talent to let walk without a decent offer. All these players can't just all of a sudden got this bad. Usually it's guys who aren't that good, babin, get paid n don't live up to the hype. Guys like DRC n asomo were good for years not just one.
  • My point is that NO Eagle has been tearing it up over the last two years. We aren't comparing one of our players being good vs. another who's been sucking. We're measuring suck vs. suck.

You know the phrase "A rising tide lifts all boats" ? Who's to say that this roster with 2 brand new systems on either side of the ball, won't see a team-wide resurgence. I mean that IS what we're all hoping for, right? We all want a better Offense AND a better Defense, right?

Considering how much of that roster will still be in place and how much of it (especially on Offense) will return as starters, it's important to realize that you can't hope for much if you truly believe your roster can't play.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Irsay suspended six games, fined $500K

NFL player's odd reason for face tattoo

Tebow drafted over Henne in fantasy

Texans, J.J. Watt agree on extension

WATCH: Pacquiao's tribute to NFL

Raiders name Derek Carr starter

Four Phillies no-hit the Braves

CFL team has reached out to Sam

Switch pitcher could see action in MLB

Power ranking every NFL stadium

Astros fire manager Bo Porter

Who is up next for Ronda Rousey?

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.