May 14, 2013

TEBOW GETS AN OFFER TO PLAY IN PHILLY.

RON Jaworski reached out with an offer to to Tim Tebow to come play for the Soul, get his mechanics in order and go from there.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000169347/article/ron-jaworskis-afl-team-throws-hat-in-tim-tebow-ring

The Arena game is different enough from the NFL for even me to be intrigued by the notion of seeing Tebow play QB here. 

5 Comments:
  • Wonderful. Now ESPN is going to dedicate an entire hour to this story. This is why when Fox Sports 1 launches they'll blow ESPN right outta the freakin water!
  • Good for the Soul.
  • I think it would be a great idea. Tebow has NFL experience, and NFL playoff experience. He has a competitive nature, he inspires respect from his teammates, and is athletic to boot.

What he lacks at QB is the ability to PLAY QB at the NFL level due mostly to improper mechanics. That can be fixed with reps, and he'd get plenty of them DURING LIVE FIRE in the AFL. To boot he'd be in a large media market that would continue to allow him to hone his media presence.

If it all worked out for him after a couple of years, he'd be 27-28 likely with a few good years of NFL ball still in him. And if the QB situation on the city's NFL team is undefined, who would have had the best up close look at Tebow over those intervening years?

I'm all for it.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Yeah he really isn't NFL QB material, but if he's willing to go off and try to build up/refine his game I'd be the biggest hypocrite on Earth to say he shouldn't get the chance.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Bills sign Kyle Orton

Meet the 2014-15 Oregon cheerleaders

Pelini: Marijuana use is ‘out of control’

Highlights from Eli Manning's AMA

NFL suspends Aldon Smith for 9 games

Giants RP retires 46 straight to set record

HR legend tries to hit 186 MPH fastball

M's player goes after scout following taunt

Kenny Hill sets A&M record in upset win

2014 Heisman Trophy favorites

Shaw asked USC to change hero story

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts hospitalized

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.