April 22, 2013

THANK YOU ROGER GOODELL.

HAS Roger Goodell affected your Draft plans?

For me there's no going out this year. I just can't see the point of STARTING something at a sports bar on a Thursday night. Most of us are grown men with stuff to do on Friday. The idea of going to sit and pay to nurse a beer or few for a few hours, then head home to pack in a full 8 hours (or so) just seems silly to me.

Instead, I'm watching from home and making MAN MEAL. 

MAN MEAL is a boycott era tradition of Steak (topped with fried onions and sharp provolone), pork n beans, and either baked potatoes or onion rings. This year I'm doing onion rings and crab fries. I do MAN MEAL during football season. This will mark the first time I've ever done it when a game wasn't on. 

So, how is everyone else celebrating the birth of this years batch of pros?

8 Comments:
  • Just like always I'll be watching at home. I prefer it that way so I can soak up what the analysts think of the players and picks and check my guides and the internet out and focus on who the Eagles pick. Haven't thought about dinner but it will be over anyway so I can sit with my laptop on (eagles.com maybe) and my guides and recent local papers' (the Daily News and Inquirer) mocks and player rundowns around me. I can't freakin' wait!
  • I'll be either at xfinity or just a local bar. If I drink too much I can just hook myself up to an oxygen tank being that I work for a medical supply company, plus we start at 9 so plenty time to sleep.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • The talk is that although there is not much top end talent the draft is deep. The Eagles should be able to get 2-3 starters that could start immediately. That top pick needs to be penciled in day one and there is no reason to believe depending on the position they look at in the second round he couldn't start also. I'm extremely excited about Kelly's 1st draft and seeing what positions he looks to bring in potential starters and also seeing how he truly feels about his QBs this year.
  • Small gathering this year since so many people have to work the next day. We're having my best friend and possibly my ex (without her husband) over.

People are turning down my invites. I'm turning down their's. I HATE the Thursday night Draft! And to think some caller was actually praising it today on WYSP. Man, what universe IS this?
  • So flip what's ur take on Thursday night games? I hate them n think it should only be for thanksgiving and must have the lions n dallass.
  • It helps me get a football fix, but I hate when I see that one of my teams has to play one, because it means a short week either coming or going.

Physically speaking, a quick turnaround vs. a better rested team (and God forbid they're good) just puts you behind the 8-ball. If you just LOST a game and have a short week, it's a quick way to pile up loses. If a division is highly competitive it can work like a sucker punch.

All in all, if they stopped playing on Thursdays (except Thanksgiving) I wouldn't complain about it.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

WWE star to be play big Star Wars role?

Breaking down the NL MVP race

10 young NFL stars having Hall of Fame careers already

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

10 players who will make their first Pro Bowl in 2014

Gallery: The best of July

Most pathetic NFL teams of modern era

NFL players already out for the season

Worst players to get HoF votes since 2004

Gallery: The best of Anastasia Ashley

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.