November 20, 2013

The Catch And Run.

Has never been a staple in Eagles offenses dating back to the Randall days. Finally it's here in Philly. Foles seems to be the man for the job. Receivers are now consistently being challenged to go and get the ball. Foles is hitting players in stride and the yards after the catch just keep growing. Foles is hitting McCoy perfectly on his flank routes to allow him the opportunity to catch and run with it. On the same type of play RG3 threw Morris had to stop wait for the ball and he was tackled after a five yard gain. Shady almost scored off his and did score against the Raiders. The YAC is starting to pile up this season and our receivers are benefiting from playing with a quarterback that has the ability to place the ball in spots where his receivers can just go and get it. It's been so long and it's nice to see five and ten yard crossing routes turn into twenty and thirty yard plays.

15 Comments:
  • He does put the ball where it should be on most throws, doesn't he? Part of what keeps some of the drives going...it's a beautiful thing.
  • Sure the Eagles have been killing on the YAC with screen plays a ton, but a guy just putting the ball in a spot where the receivers can go get it isn't normal for this team.
  • Not with a 58% career completion passer for over a decade followed by a 56% career completion passer for 3 years.
  • For years I was a huge McNabb supporter until I realized he couldn't get it done for this team. His constant passes to his receivers feet was agonizing to watch at times.
  • 5 NFC championships and you knew he couldnt get it done? Really. You must be a genius because everyone in America thought he couldve and shouldve.
  • Why do you do this to yourself? Why do you set yourself up with your comments? You stated yourself that you didn't think Reid could get it done yet he has been to the same 5 NFC Championship games. Like I typed before Hollywood...just stop.
  • Reid and McNabb are two different cases. Reid wont get it done. McNabb should have two rings. Only in Philly. Youre too funny GTD.
  • Yeah, I'm too funny. Lol. Of course Reid and McNabb are two different cases but the basis to your argument was that because McNabb made it to 5 NFC Championship games Eazy shouldn't scoff at the idea of him winning a championship...THAT argument also works for Reid. The big difference now is that Reid still has an opportunity to win a Super Bowl.
  • In his first five years in the league McNabb ran and passed this team to 4 championships. The team saddled him with garbage skill players. Can you name any QB that won a superbowl with receivers equal to or worse than Pinkston, Thrash, Smalls and Johnson.
  • Tell me where I'm questioning what McNabb did in the NFL? Leave it to you to make a comment and then try to change the topic. All I'm doing is pointing out that you're getting on Wazy for doing the same thing you've done on here.
  • Hollywood I would love to see this two rings of McNabb. Do you have pictures of them? Did they occur after his time in Philly, because I could have swore he was out of the league only two years after being traded out of town.
  • Can you name any QB that late in his career that was traded to a new team that won a superbowl. Help me out. Joe Montana in KC? Nah
  • I don't need bother doing so, because you've made my point. McNabb was cooked. He had his shots and he blew it.
  • The guy wants to act like the trade is the reason instead of realizing that the players are obviously traded because they just aren't as good anymore. Montana was traded because the 49ers thought they had a better option and they were right. McNabb was traded for the same reason and although the Eagles didn't have a better option at the time most of us realize that McNabb staying in Philly would not have changed the results enough. 2004 was his best shot and McNabb has mostly himself to blame for that one getting away.
  • Sometimes Wood just looks for something to complain about. He should just keep talking about his fantasy football since he has nothing nice to say about his "team" just like the Raiders fan does,
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Ned Yost rips Royals fans for poor attendance at games

WATCH: Fan's terrible first pitch

Patriots players 'pissed' about Mankins trade

WVU QB's first kiss: Saban's daughter

Report: NHL to Las Vegas is 'done deal'

Wolves owner takes shots at Kevin Love

The best NFL players by division

Gallery: NFL Players and their dogs

Shaw mentioned in burglary report

ESPN's questionable Michael Sam report

Josh Gordon decision already made?

NFL rookies who will make an impact

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.