November 09, 2012

The Colts Keep Winning.........

The Colts dropped their future HOF Quarterback. If Peyton Manning can be released, then McNabb could have been traded. They drafted a rookie and started him day one. They hired a new head coach and like the Saints don't even have right now. Get well and keep fighting Mr. Pagano! Yet despite all of their adversity that team is 6-3. They were the worst team in football last year and now they are positioning for the playoffs. What a DIFFERENCE A REAL QUARTERBACK CAN MAKE! That is why if Lurie were a forward thinker, he would fire Reid today. hand the job over to Marty or Bowles and position his team for a chance at a franchise quarterback. Of course should also bench Mike Vick and let Foles play. It's time to see what they got in the kid.

59 Comments:
  • New head coach, new quarterback and most people thought the Colts would be drafting pretty high in next year's draft. What a difference a year makes. If Lurie and Roseman make the right choice and that coach can get more out of the talent that already sits on the current roster you never know what next year will bring for the Eagles.
  • No argument from me
  • I send this out as a message of encouragement to my fellow Eagles fans. Don't think because this season in all likelihood is a washout, and that we may end up having a new coach means that our chances of being competitive are over. The 49ers showed they can turn it around. The Colts are showing it can be turned around. Embrace the idea of change. Change is good especially in a situation where the message has become lost or stale.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Ok Spot thats gonna really be productive. Getting a rookie beaten to a pulp behind that turnstile.
  • You think Gruden is gona sit around a develop a rookie QB? Not a chance.
  • You think any new coach is going to keep Michael Vick as their starter? Strike one before he coaches his first game.
  • comment below viewing threshold

show comment

• You know what isn't productive? 24 points in a win against the Ravens, 23 points in a loss to the Lions and besides those two games the Eagles have not hit 20 points 8 games in. That is what is not productive,
  • you are falling apart.
  • Its encouraging but Luck is being compared as a better version of John Elway. I was here when the Colts were forced to give away Elway. Those kind of QBs come around once or twice in a lifetime. You go to RG3 and its a big dropoff. Whats his excuse. We have had plenty of QBs capapble of winning a trophy. Our problems stem from ownership and managemnt issues.
  • comment below viewing threshold

show comment

• Ive talked about the winning formula and the colts are a great example. When I look at them today they remind me of the the Colts that played in the 60 s and 70s . Same design. Same size. You could plug the great players of any era in the colts into any of the current teams and it works. They have followed the same concept for years. SAnd Im telling you that the Eagles won win anything until they go back and follow the team designs of winning eras. Fact is Reid and Lurie have balled up our history and we dont know what we have.
  • "The team designs of winning eras"? You do realize that Reid's era has been the most successful in Eagles history, don't you? Another brilliant thought out comment by you.
  • Haters will always hate.
  • Once they scuttled the defensive design they lost it all
  • I dont think so. I think the nineties era would have been better had it not been for the NFL free agency changes. Thats why braman walked away. They ripped wqhat he built apart. You remember Antone davis and leanard Renfro. That was a fair trade for Reggie White, Keith jackson, Keith Byars , Seth Joyner, Eric allen and william thomas
  • Rhodes brought the D back to respectability. Then Reid slowly trashed it
  • You don't THINK so? Show me an era that was more successful.

Of course I remember Davis and Renfro...all those players you brought up were let go by the owner you some how try to type was a better owner than Lurie...by the way another bogus comment by you that you try to pass off as the truth.
  • The never won a playoff game! I love all those guys, but they were the epitome of choke when it mattered the most. To be honest the death of Jerome Brown killed that team. There was no chance they could win it without him. The Brahman blew up the team, hired an idiot for a coach, and then got out of dodge.
  • To listen to hollywood, somehow Lurie killed that team...what a freaking joke.
  • Yeah and then he's gushing over Jerry Jones and all of his antics. Jerry Jones had a dynasty on his hands and gave it up for his own ego. I mean if he is going to be that apologetic for the Cowboys he might as well be a fan of them.
  • He claims Lurie has his hands all over the Eagles yet praises a man who sank his team when he started messing with the success he already had just because his ego got in the way.
  • I don't know of any Cowboys fan I know who has given up more Praise to Jerry than this man who claims to be an Eagles fan.
  • He looks at things so strangely. Cowboy fans want Jones to step down as GM but hollywood praise his moves...praises them yet the Eagles have had more success over Reid's 14 years than the Cowboys have had and hollywood claims that Lurie is horrible...is that not hypocrisy?
  • NO IDENTITY
  • They do have an identity. They talk too much, make too many turnovers, make bad decisions on the field, and are soft. In other words they have taken over the personality of their quarterback.
  • The reason they got rid of Peyton was because they thought they needed to rebuild and it would take years. It wasnt a sendoff like McNabb got.
  • It was the same send off that McNabb had. Rather they screwed up and chose not to get anything for him. McNabb didn't deserve any special treatment. Nothing more than Manning.
  • It's quite remarkable what they are doing. Just showing people that all is not lost if the Eagles do move on from Reid. If Lurie makes the right choice at coach and GM the Eagles can easily be right back in this, because they do have talent.
  • veteran RB . Reggie Wayne and a 2nd round pick TE. Its not a flunky group
  • The bottom line is they have a legit QB. Something the Eagles don't have.
  • It's funny. Hollywood has told me that I am trying to hold onto Reid (not true at all) but look at how many comments he has had showing his reluctance to let go of "his" quarterback. He's not only wrong but a hypocrite to boot.
  • I like Vick. TIts hardly his fault considering he has less than 1.7 second on average to get rid of the ball. You think the OL has anything to do with that. I dont care what bthey do with vick because like the other QBs before him he will be tarred and feathered by Jeff Lurie & Co. You find a QB that can play behind that line and Ill find Zharwari for you.
  • When he does get time he doesn't make the play. He's an average quarterback at best who has lost his confidence. It's time for him to go.
  • Vick has gotten worse in just about every statistical category. Someone called WIP yesterday and was talking to Didinger about the offensive line and how it was affecting Vick and he brought up how Cunningham stilled made plays behind the pitiful lines of the 80s...Ron Solt, David Alexander, Joe Conwell, Ron Heller, Ben Tamburello...these lines sucked. Hell, the Eagles only scored 20 points or more 4 times in 86 and gave up an NFL record 104 sacks. 104 sacks!...think about that. Yet this current Eagles offense is on target to only score over 20 the same amount this season.
  • *still made plays
  • Yeah the evidence is damming against Vick, yet Reid still refuses to pull the trigger. It can't get any worse with the rookie out there. 104 sacks! That is just awful!
  • Reid is probably starting to realize that there isn't much he can do at this point. The captain is going down with his ship. If he truly has what's best for the Philadelphia Eagles in mind he would start finding out what Foles has. I honestly doubt Foles would take NEARLY as many big hits as Vick behind even the o-line that will be out there today. Vick's problems with recognizing the blitz and trying to extend almost every play are well documented.
  • Reid says he's going with Vick. Of course he's done that before, but I'm sure he felt that moment before all the turnovers happened that there was some life building in his team. It was faint, but it was there. Maybe he changes his mind and gives Foles at least one real start.
  • Seriously. How f'ing lucky are the Colts? You go from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck and don't even have to reconfigure the team. Now they're in position for a playoff berth a year removed from having the worst record in the league. They have not only a franchise QB but a coach they will fight for and run thru a wall for. Pretty much the two things the Eagles clearly lack.

It just kills me. Why can't the Eagles EVER get that one once in a generation talent? We've been around since 1933 and haven't had one. FML.
  • We did. Look at what McNabb achieved all those years! Look at the guys who were drafted at quarterback along with McNabb. None of them really panned out except for Culpeper a little bit. It's obvious to me. In this league if you want to be successful, then you need the franchise quarterback. Luck is that.
  • Reid had one AND Rhodes had one. And both hall of fame potential QBs endid up in the dust bin of football history. Thanks to Luires reluctance to give them top notch talent. They needed one or two quality franchise players and the superbowl was theirs. But Lurie penny pinched NS WON "CHAMPIONSHIPS". Meaning=division championships. Value= Zero
  • Oh stop. Are you really trying to put the blame solely on Lurie for who his coaches brought in to play football? Are you really trying to blame Lurie for Cunningham's dive in play late in his Eagles career? You are a freaking joke, hollywood! The Eagles won one playoff game in all of Braman's ownership yet somehow you praise him when all he did was hire a defensive minded coach who built up a great defense and was lucky enough to have a very good quarterback already on the roster who had insane running abilities and a cannon for an arm. Don't think it is lost on me that since you are pretty certain Reid is gone you are turning more of your hatred now on Lurie....setting yourself up so you can continue to whine no matter who the Eagles bring in as head coach...freaking whiner!
  • I started typing it is silly stuff that hollywood complains about but that isn't true, Spotella. It's everything! He complains about them not spending money and then when they go out and spend a bunch he complains they didn't keep enough of their own players. He complains that Lurie isn't visible and then he whines that he has his hands all over the team. He complains about certain players and then he complains when the Eagles let those players walk. That's not even bringing up all the BS claims he has made over the years.
  • Some of the comments he makes it's hard to even reply to. It's like wasting time. I don't see how Lurie has anything to do with this.
  • THE COLTS HAVE HAD EASY TEAMS TO PLAY THAT IS WHY THEY ARE 6-3 THEY ARE NOT THAT GOOD.WAIT UNTIL THEY PLAY SOME GOOD TEAMS
  • When a team wins one game last season there is no such thing as playing easy teams.
  • Absolutely right, Eazy. You can only play who the NFL schedules you to play. The point is that no one expected the Colts to win this many games. No one would have been shocked to see them picking in the top five next season. With Luck I certainly wouldn't be upset with where they seem to be heading if I was a Colt's fan.
  • There is a reason why Colts fans weren't all that upset about losing. Heck the went on the "Suck for Luck" campaign last year. It's amazing what a legit coach and quarterback can do for a team.
  • "Suck for Luck"? What rhymes with Barkley and Smith? Wilson maybe?
  • Balky for Barkley.... Stiffs for Smith.... IDK. I'll think about it.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

College football's most improved teams

Best MLB prospects by projected WAR

Gallery: Wrestlers dressed like dorks

Five QBs who Miami let leave Florida

NBA free agency and trade tracker

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

NFL coaches on the hot seat in 2014

The top 32 fantasy QBs for 2014

Best NFL player at every number

NFL cheerleader calendar blowout

NFL teams with best homefield advantage

Gallery: The best of Hannah Ferguson

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.