July 24, 2013

The Drafting Of The Tackle Dictates The Starting Quarterback?

Apparently is the latest ploy by some to further their agendas around here. Citing the fact a guy (who has played both Left and Right Tackle in college) was drafted to play RT as the reason for dictating whom the starting quarterback would be. Well it this is the case then one would first have to look at who our tackles are projected to be in the first place. Our projected starters would be Jason Peters at LT and Lane at RT. Now look at the two players. Who RIGHT NOW is the better player? The answer is clearly obvious it’s Peters. Even Peters coming back at 80% is still better than a rookie RT. So judging by the concept of what player is better it would mean that a right handed quarterback would be the best option for the Eagles right now. Andy Reid didn’t place McNabb behind center until his young tackle had a year and a half starting behind his belt. A rookie protecting the blind side of a quarterback can be a recipe for disaster. Of course common sense would tell most of us that. The true significance of the drafting of Johnson is first he gives the Eagles the opportunity to move Todd back inside where he was a much better player. Second Lane’s versatility allows them to start at the right tackle and eventually move him to left once Peters contract expires. Third it allows them to continue to develop Dennis Kelly to eventually become the right tackle once Lane moves over. Drafting Lane simply makes the offensive line better as a whole. If anyone refutes this logic feel free to come here and debate it. I would never take the COWARD MOVE OF BLOCKING ANYONE WHO DOESN’T AGREE WITH ME.

11 Comments:
  • Did he block you now also? If he did welcome to the club. Flip doesn't get and won't admit that HE is the reason we discuss him. In one of his recent posts he typed something about you used to being a well respected poster...it isn't you that has changed so drastically from where I'm standing. I certainly wouldn't call him an egotistical, hypocritical blowhard if he wasn't one.

As for the Lane Johnson post...just another example of flip trying to act like he sees something no one else does and isn't actually there. You and 20dawk hit the nail right on the head and flip put the hammer into the drywall once again. Just another "What's with the insane notion of moving Herremans back to guard" moments for the birdflipper.
  • As you know I was a big supporter of Todd moving to tackle. I believe that experiment has ended with mixed reviews. Certainly it hasn't been good enough to be upset over moving Todd back insider where he was close to Pro Bowl status. Drafting Lane strengthens two positions on the offensive line. To try and imply drafting Lane means Vick will be the starter is just dumb on so many levels. If Mike Vick ends up being the starter it will happen because Mike clearly outplayed his competition. As far as flipflop blocking me I find it funny. He's like the bully on the playground who runs when the kid he's been picking on finally punches back. When I first came here I never bothered with the guy. Sure I though his ideas were stupid, but at the time I spent my time going back and forth with Cowboys fans and going back and forth with the people who ripped McNabb. At least until I finally realized we would never win anything with him. I never would have bothered with the guy had he not came at me.
  • Flip seemed upset with me right from the get-go because when I came here the big discussion was whether the Eagles should trade McNabb and you obviously know where we all stood on that issue. I tried getting along with him over the years until he started ripping on many of us last winter with all his "Be more like me...I'm in a great place" BS. That only escalated when Reid was let go and the Eagles didn't hire one of flip's choices and he knocked Hollywood into the number two spot of yardbarker whiner.

Everyone I have read and heard thought drafting a tackle and moving Herremans inside was a no brainer except for flip. To take that even further flip acted like anyone who even thought about making the move had no clue...I guess that includes Kelly and the rest of his crew. Nothing wrong with having an opinion or questioning moves...lots of problems when you present your questions while acting like an obnoxious ass.
  • This is a media where we all have an opinion. It thrives on the fact that we don't agree. If we all came in and agreed all the time this place would become quite boring. Think of all those shows on ESPN that generally has two or more people discussing a topic and everyone of them have different viewpoints and conclusions. Imagine how awful those shows would be if all they did was agree with each other. That's why people are irked by Spadaro. He's become nothing more than the Eagles mouthpiece.
  • Yea u can't make an argument there.

Anyone going to any training camps? Me n my cousin r heading down Sunday.
  • I have a ton going on right now. I want to get out there, but I'm just not sure if I can. This season more than many I want to get out there and see what's going on. I want to see this "fast paced offense" that everyone has been talking about for myself. I'm going to try and get out there before a preseason game if I can. Did you hear anything about an scrimmages? I thought maybe they would get one or two in with the Patriots before that game.
  • All I heard was hitting is supposed to start Sunday, so should be fun. Wolff better show me he can hit like dawk n just talk about doing it. He might be the player I'm most looking forward to seeing.
  • I had to stop and think for a moment of which player I most wanted to see. I think it's Trent Cole. For a guy his age making the move he's making, I am curious to see if he can do it. I don't think it will be an easy transition for Cole considering the fact much of his game is based on leverage and being lower than the next guy. Although I don't think Cole would ever have to cover a wide receiver man to man, I do think there will be times he will have to cover a back, TE, or a zone responsibility. Cole standing up could become trouble for him, because I am doubting he can handle the change. It could help if he's been working on his block shedding technique and learning how to use his hands more. I mean him standing will have to make it easier for him to diagnose the play. How often did we see teams just run right at the point where Cole ran up the field? I know a lot of people think Cole is a lock as a starter, but I kind of feel like he's already on the bubble. He could end up being just a pass rush guy.
  • It seems like the Eagles and Giants were in a bidding war for that Bamiro kid. Tre Thomas has taken that kid under his wing. I think Tre knows a thing or two about talent.
  • Does he? Has he been doing this before? I never heard of him helping people or trying to mentor and just cause he was good doesn't mean he can see talent. Look at mj.
  • The thing is he's a guy from Tre's program. Thomas actually has one of those camps like the Manning's have for quarterbacks, but his is obviously for lineman. Dude is raw no doubt about it. If he shows something the Eagles could stash him for a little while.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Most confrontational sports interviews

12 managers who are on the hot seat

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

The biggest busts in WWE history

Introducing the scale of NFL sadness

College football's most improved teams

Best MLB prospects by projected WAR

Gallery: Wrestlers dressed like dorks

Five QBs who Miami let leave Florida

NBA free agency and trade tracker

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

The top 32 fantasy QBs for 2014

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.