December 30, 2013

The Eagles Could Have A Shot At Two Home Playoff Games.

Getting ahead of myself a little, but if by chance the Eagles beat the Saints, and the Panthers while the Packers or 49ers stun Seattle at their place the Eagles would host the NFC Championship Game. That would be crazy! Certainly a lot of football is still left to play, but in the NFL anything is possible, and it would be foolish to count the Eagles out. They have a great run game, an opportunistic defense, and a great young QB. The sky is the limit for this team.

17 Comments:
  • I would not want to go to that noisebox in Seattle. They are the one team that I will out and out say I am terrified of.
  • Eagles could get to NFC championship game. I wouldnt be suprised but Foles has to play bigger than that Cowboy performance. No one was calling for Vick but Foles cant handle pressure or find a second opportunity. Not sure if its inexperience or just a limitation. Hes slow.
  • Why would anyone call for Vick? Even the play when Foles got sacked was extremely smart. He went down and allowed the clock to continue to run, and didn't give up a turnover. He was under pressure all game, and frankly I don't believe Vick would have handled it well. If Foles got sacked 5 times, Vick would have been sacked 9 times. We lose this game with Vick.
  • I dont know about that. He is executing the basic plays better than Vick. He is far better on screen passes. Thats a staple of any eagle offense. However, when rushed he was more often than not unable to make a second quick decision and didnt find places to move up in the pocket and deliver the ball. He will get hurt playing scared. Collinsworth is right when he said that when Foles loses his intitial target he has dificulty finding slternatives in a timely manner. If you dont see that then you are just not being objective when reviewing Foles body of work. Ive seen this kind of play before with Trent Dilfer. Although Foles has had better success as stats bear out this type of play wont be sustainable longterm without a fully equipped oline and skill players. He is only as good as the players around him. Where as Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers can take stiffs and make them into multi millionaires. I hope he deliver this year because I dont see lightning striking twice with Foles.
  • Trent Dilfer never had a season like Foles, but I don't think you're giving the Cryboys enough credit. They played one heck of a defensive game. The shut down all of the screens and played great man coverage against our receivers. It was a tale of two halves for Foles. The Cryboys played zone and our guys carved them up, but when the boys started blitzing the Eagles shifted to the run game. I have to give credit to Kelly for adjusting to what the Cryboys did. The bottom line is I have zero confidence in Vick to do anything. He was here three seasons as a starter and has done nothing. He had a chance to win against the Packers and he choked! The next season he failed to make the playoffs, and the following year he got our coach fired. Yet you keep calling for this guy who has done NOTHING for us. Clearly you are the one using a slant bias here.
  • Not really because I dont see any reason at this juncture to consider Vick as an option. But, player sother than a QB can win superbowls. Ray lewis carried the Ravens on his back. Right now if you asked me who id delivering the Eagles I would have to say McCoy 1st, Jackson 2nd and Foles 3rd. I think you take either Jackson or mccoy out of this equation and Foles sinks like a rock. I dont think Foles is in the same category as Mcnabb. If you suggest that than i know you are disingenuous. If McNabb had this Oline in his prime with these weapons in their prime you would be booking a ticket to the meadowlands.
  • That's it Hollywood. "Your" Eagles are going to the playoffs behind a kid who had an incredible year regardless of why and how he did it and all you want to do is downplay it and discuss Vick and McNabb. What a fraud of a fan you are.
  • San Fran can defintiley win in Seattle. They're playing better than naybody right now and Seattle's offense is struggling. I see us winning this week but Carolina is going to be a really tough matchup.
  • The best way for us to compete with the Panthers would be to rely on our run game. I think it's a game where Eagles fans could travel to this one. They are a good team with a great front seven. If we beat the Saints I think we could play them too.
  • Y'all barely survived Kyle Orton And the worse defense in the history of organized sports. And yet I still felt we had a chance of winning and almost did. And you're projecting the Eagles to beat Drew Bress and their opportunist defense. Really? Yeah we lost and let the gloating and the Cowgirls remarks begin and what a remarkable achievement barely escaping defeat against a team without their two of their starting LB'ers one happens to be their best player an injured Ware who was leading a bunch of scrubs cut from opposing teams and practice squadrons into battle and they sacked Foles five times the general of this rag tag bunch is about to get the axe and may I reiterate they almost won! Now that the game is over take off the rose colored glasses and analyze what you really saw. And ask yourself do I really believe what I'm saying? I'm not a certified mathematician but if a backup could generate 348 yfs
  • The Cowboys "almost" made the playoffs the last three seaons but couldn't win week 17. Have fun watching us on Saturday!
  • Haters gonna hate. Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades sucker. Mortal victories is code for I just lost. Just sit back and watch the playoffs sucker. Just like Romo.
  • Romo's probably more upset about not being able to golf becaus of his back than he is for not making the playoffs.
  • Sunday morning the Eagles will be making vacation plans and my guess is a visit to the great state of Carolina won't be in their travel plans
  • Midgetsrepeat wrote a 10 page article about something he thought I wrote. I never once wrote the Eagles will beat the Panthers you village idiot, this one thing is true. We have a chance to beat the Panthers, while those bum Midgets have a chance to miss their tee times. Suck it hater!
  • If foles,had run sometimes--it would taken cowboys out defense on edges--he did not--the results,nothin was open---The qb in this sytems needs to break down defense,with his feet and strong arm pin point accurate passes---vick has this--he plays to much hero ball at times--and get careless with football. No defense can stop this offense,if offensive line qb make good decision run or passing---holla at your boy---saints run an aggressive defense under ryan---Nick foles needs to run a lot---hard pick shady and Jackson key----at home eagles 38-27--chip Kelly and Howie roseman good team together!!!holla

Breakout candidates for the NHL playoffs

Draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

100 best players of the MLB expansion era

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Five-round NFL mock draft

Most sacred places in NFL history

10 greatest sports Bubbas of all-time

Hockey fights of the week

Reasons to stop playing recreational sports immediately

This week in MLB replay reviews

Brittney Palmer redefines sexy

12 college football coaches who are on the rise

Best bargain NFL free agents still available

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.