June 19, 2013

THE LEGACY.

A FOOTBALL LIFE: AL DAVIS is on. I'm watching it now. I've watched it before. For all his faults and sometimes because of them what he built for over half a century stands on it's own as a monument of itself TO itself.

To stand back and look at it, it's only right, it's only poetic that we should be in the toilet now. The Raiders were nothing when AL began to build it. We are again nothing as we are handed down to his seed. His son. Mark Davis.

What greater legacy could HE leave than to pass down the ability to HIS son to build a winner from the ashes of the team HE loved so much? What greater ending can be written? 

Make no mistake, we will be great again. It's inevitable. It is too in us. It literally is in the DNA of the ownership, members of the administration, the roster, and even the fans.

AL DAVIS'S legacy has not been left. AL DAVIS'S legacy is still being written

And counting.

1 Comment:
  • My ex and I were talking today about AL DAVIS, who incidentally died on her birthday. She didn't like him at all. Called him an a**hole.

Her husband is a Bengals fan (and a South Philly guy who hates the Eagles). Meaning that now Mike Brown is the owner she has to put up with hearing about now.

I'm gonna burn in Hell over this, but I have to admit, this tickles me to no end!

Ranking the best NFL free agents still available

Updated NBA Draft early entries list

Honest NBA playoffs slogans

Gallery: The best of Barbie Blank

Breakout candidates for the NHL playoffs

Draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

100 best players of the MLB expansion era

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Five-round NFL mock draft

Most sacred places in NFL history

10 greatest sports Bubbas of all-time

Hockey fights of the week

Reasons to stop playing recreational sports immediately

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.