June 19, 2013

THE LEGACY.

A FOOTBALL LIFE: AL DAVIS is on. I'm watching it now. I've watched it before. For all his faults and sometimes because of them what he built for over half a century stands on it's own as a monument of itself TO itself.

To stand back and look at it, it's only right, it's only poetic that we should be in the toilet now. The Raiders were nothing when AL began to build it. We are again nothing as we are handed down to his seed. His son. Mark Davis.

What greater legacy could HE leave than to pass down the ability to HIS son to build a winner from the ashes of the team HE loved so much? What greater ending can be written? 

Make no mistake, we will be great again. It's inevitable. It is too in us. It literally is in the DNA of the ownership, members of the administration, the roster, and even the fans.

AL DAVIS'S legacy has not been left. AL DAVIS'S legacy is still being written

And counting.

1 Comment:
  • My ex and I were talking today about AL DAVIS, who incidentally died on her birthday. She didn't like him at all. Called him an a**hole.

Her husband is a Bengals fan (and a South Philly guy who hates the Eagles). Meaning that now Mike Brown is the owner she has to put up with hearing about now.

I'm gonna burn in Hell over this, but I have to admit, this tickles me to no end!

Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Career moment of each HoF inductee

One question for every NFL team heading into camp

10 best play calls from the 2013 college football season

Most controversial NFL suspensions

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

Most underpaid players in the NFL

MLB managers on the hot seat

25 most memorable plays in NFL history

10 NHL players looking to bounce back in 2014-15

Most confrontational sports interviews

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.