March 17, 2013

THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN: FIX MY SECONDARY.

EZ said he was looking forward to reading a Raider post that I wrote, so I thought I'd put up a post from my Magnificent Seven series. Enjoy.

PROBLEM:

LAST year we had to play Michael Huff at CB. 

That right there should say everything necessary about the state of our Secondary, but what the ****, I’ll keep going. 

We’re also old back there, and we’re loaded down with cast-off **** from teams like the Eagles, Browns, and 49ers. If we make weakness part of our DNA we only have ourselves to blame when we get ****** by a lesser team. 

So we need to put a ****** bullet in that **** right now.

SOLUTION:

In a few days, or weeks, or whenever they get their heads out of their ***, the Eagles will release Nnamdi Asomugha. Apparently Na can’t play anymore. (Yeah, I know right.) Maybe it’s the water on the East Coast, because whatever it was, it affected THE ENTIRE ******* FRANCHISE. But idiots over here want to act like the teams problems begin and end with Na.

Whatever. 

Na’s return wouldn’t help us in the age department, but his skills would let us stop doing dumb **** like playing Huff out of position. I think we should bail on the position in FA and let the Draft do the work. I want either Dee Milliner in the 1st or Jamar Taylor in the 2nd. What I don’t want are excuses.

12 Comments:
  • I see I owe you an apology. You see all of this time I just thought you were an arrogant a-hole thinking he was better than the rest of us, because you played semi-pro football. Clearly your problem isn't arrogance. It's comprehension. After all I wrote the following "If you would like to put an article up on the many ways the Eagles could fleece the Raiders ( like the one you wrote about us fleecing the Cardinals) by all means be my guest. That's about all I would care to read about regarding those bums. Nevertheless I would most likely still comment, because see above. Oh here's an idea! Maybe we can sucker the Raiders into giving up their pick for Foles or Vick!" Somehow you interpreted what I wrote into you writing this pile of crap. Forgive me once again. I forgot you don't know any better that quickly! Of course this explains why a guy who would come on this site and criticize the fanbase of the Eagles for being critical of the Eagles, act as if he's a great fan when he himself rips the Eagles, the coach, and the owner! It also makes it clear why you can't comprehend the idea of Chip Kelly, Mike Vick, Dennis Dixon, and all the rest of the quarterbacks telling everyone there is a quarterback competition. This whole time I thought your problem was arrogance and ASSumptions when actually it was comprehension. Go figure.
  • I guess you were ASSuming I was arrogant then.

I didn't interpret what you wrote into anything. What I did was flat out ignore your subject request. This post is just over 2 weeks old. (Note that Asomugha has ALREADY been relesaed?) And since when did I start writing things at YOUR behest? Talk about arrogant!

But now that you're ASSuming something else about me I suppose you'll stop "wasting your oh so precious" time commenting on the postings of someone with a "comprehension problem".
  • Just added ANOTHER LB! I could see if we were playing a 3-4 but the mix of DT's (and the signing of Pat Sims) tells me we're still a 4-3 team (Thank God).

My guess is that with Huff release, Giordano can stop worrying about being cut for a change, although I can see the point of saving money, and not paying a guy on the bench 8mil a year, there was no doubt huff can play. Shame they couldn't work something out.
  • With the additions in free agency I can see us waiting til the 3rd round to adress the secondary. David amnerson or something like that out of stanford n Tony Jefferson out of ok would be nice pick ups in round 3 n 4
  • My guess is the Eagles will focus on the O-line since we've flat out ignored it so far (except for Ed Wang). We have depth at DE, RB, WR, TE, CB, and DT, we have numbers at S, LB, and QB. It's O-line where we're thin.
  • Go oline early n late u can't have an entire draft with just that. We still need an end for the 3-4. Jesse Williams can play that it's not his natural position but he could end up being like ngata if he's out there. Lane Johnson or fisher r two first round picks we can grab after a trade back if we don't take geno. If we do take geno than barret jones in the second would be a great pick allowing us to get the two safeties I mentioned. Being that hphillips is often injured n a one year deal another safety through the draft is nice insurance n gives us more depth.
  • The "idiots" over here don't think the problems start and end with Asomugha. What posts have you been reading?

20dawk, when did you become a Raider's fan? LOL.
  • I was talkin about my eagles this is the eagles forum
  • As far as I'm concerned it's all good with me.

This post was put up at EZ's request, but other responses on other posts frequently wander from their posts topic, so it's good here too.
  • I requested a post about fleecing the Raiders. If its not comprehension then it must be stupidity.
  • KHALIF BARNES IS STILL A RAIDER!!! Three cheers for stability from which to build upon!!!
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Olympian walking again after accident

WATCH: Bucs rookie involved in brawl

Potentially crippling NFL injuries

Manziel fined $12K for middle finger

10 worst owners in all of sports

Rusney Castillo signs with Boston

Harvey Updyke pie toss canceled over death threats

10 bold predictions for the 2014 college football season

Eight fantasy picks who will suck if you draft them

Ranking all 54 NFL primetime games

50 Cent's funny challenge to Floyd Mayweather

Cheerleaders of the AP Top 25

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.