July 29, 2013

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE.

PEOPLE'S Choice.

That is what the crowd reaction at the Linc, prompted NFL.com reporter Jeff Darlington to call Quarterback Michael Vick at the Eagles first padded practice on Sunday. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000222685/article/michael-vick-continues-to-fascinate-with-philadelphia-eagles

Apparently local fans know who they want, and aren't afraid to let the world and the Head Coach, know it. According to 20Dawk, who was at the event, Vick was also the best QB in pads that day. At this point by any reasonable estimation (talent level, HOFer opinions, GM opinions, other former NFL player opinion, local fans, play in pads, not being high) Vick is the common sense pick here.

At this point fans who want Foles or Barkley had better start praying for an injury, because the job is Vick's to lose.

9 Comments:
  • Every where u looked u saw Vick jerseys. Ill be most likely going again on the 11th I got the tickets but its my nephews bday that I missed the past two years cause I was in poland n holland. Gonna try to take him but idk what's planned yet. Vick is the fans pick. Might not be the fans who call into shows but the fans who showed up were majority Vick supporters if u can judge that by jerseys.
  • Paying customers create the demand that demands the supply.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Spot u can always get jerseys online n millions of people do just that. U can get whoever whenever. Plus back in march Vicks jersey was selling for 20 bucks at models. They do that anytime they think a player won't be here next year. Now they r back to the normal 60 dollars or whatever.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Dont think the front office isnt watching the trends. a bad move by the front office could result in the fans tuning them out. Of course GTD would argue that if they go 0-6 they will still sell out. But the guy I got the Carolina seat from on the 25 yd line couldnt give his tickets away. They sold for way below face value after week 8. If they go with Foles and he drops a turd on the fans , which he will, the stinky linky will be a ghost town.
  • Regardless of the QB chosen, I doubt it. I think Eagles fans understand that there will be growing pains. If the Eagles go 0-6, HOW they go 0-6 will be far more important than the record itself.

If they're competitive in those games and look close to figuring it out, I think people will be excited. After all sports is primarily entertainment. If the fans are entertained I think Lurie keeps selling tickets.

If on the other hand they are repeatedly blown out on the way to 0-6 or even 2-4, (especially if they get keelhauled by the Chiefs), I think the wheels come off the bus, and the team implodes. Following that whatever the fans do will seem small.
  • I think Foles could be a casualty of politics and his prior results. I see the eagles keeping 3 Qbs. I think it should be Vick Barkley Dixon. I dont see the need to keep Foles and Barkley on the same roster.
  • Given how Vick has stepped up and assumed the reigns for starting the healing process of the locker room over the Riley Cooper incident, it's hard to see how Chip Kelly could ignore that act of leadership in a situation this distracting.

As far as healing and avoiding a divided locker room all 4 of the other QB's have so far been dead silent.

I don't see how that kind of leadership in a true crisis can be ignored. To hell with the People's Choice, now Vick should be the Coach's Choice.

Update: August 04, 2013
    Perhaps this is happening?:
    http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/qb_michael_vick_getting_more_practice_reps_than_nick_foles_moving_ahead_in_qb_competition/14189546
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Welker suspended four games

Best, worst MLB players of August

Cowboys looking to add Michael Sam

Irsay suspended six games, fined $500K

NFL player's odd reason for face tattoo

Tebow drafted over Henne in fantasy

Texans, J.J. Watt agree on extension

WATCH: Pacquiao's tribute to NFL

Raiders name Derek Carr starter

Four Phillies no-hit the Braves

CFL team has reached out to Sam

Switch pitcher could see action in MLB

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.