February 04, 2014

The Writing Is On The Wall. Mike Vick's Days In Philly Are Done.

Any ideas of Mike coming back as a backup are over. It pretty much started once Mike declared he's looking to start. It was a death nil to any chance he would return. There are teams available who could provide him with that opportunity (to their own folly), and the Eagles would never pay Vick starter money to ride the bench again. The owner has publicly given Mike his well wishes in his future endeavors. So it's clear the owner no longer views Mike Vick as an option for this team. The GM was on the radio and basically stated the team could not provide Mike Vick with his request. In other words Vick can't start here so we have no intentions towards him. Meanwhile the coach, and GM both have lauded over Matt Barkley even more than they have over Nick Foles. It's obvious they are very high on Barkley and are setting it up for him to be the backup to Nick Foles. You can expect a journeyman to become the third string option like Dennis Dixon unless he gets beat out by a latter round pick by the Eagles or a guy like G.J. Kinne. Mike Vick for the most part has been a good trooper in Philly, but the team has gone nowhere since his arrival, but backwards. Thankfully the Mike Vick era is now officially over and we can turn the page from this world of mediocrity and letdown.

4 Comments:
  • no comment
  • Unless he's gonna start some where else he's not gonna leave. He said what's the point of going somewhere else to compete.
  • I'm telling you it's all but certain he's not back. I heard Roseman, and Lurie. I see no way he comes back at this point. You and I both know there will be at least one team that will at least give him the opportunity to start.
  • He is done,when he said I want to start day 1 done deal!!!!He was good in locker room with with distraction with r cooper--kept team together--give credit where it's do,the ny jets and Houston Texans are in play--and perhaps darkhorse team,my opinion,he should stay in philly--m vick needs to stay healthy,and stop playing hero ball. Matt Barkley dead duck in this offense,dennis Dixon fits better in this offense,chip Kelly is running period,they better get a proven qb to back up foles,via trade or draft a late qb.

Ranking the best NFL free agents still available

Updated NBA Draft early entries list

Honest NBA playoffs slogans

Gallery: The best of Barbie Blank

Breakout candidates for the NHL playoffs

Draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

100 best players of the MLB expansion era

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Five-round NFL mock draft

Most sacred places in NFL history

10 greatest sports Bubbas of all-time

Hockey fights of the week

Reasons to stop playing recreational sports immediately

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.