July 10, 2013

These Two Guys Have The Right Kind Of Attitudes.

I've just recent read an article about how Lane Johnson doesn't want to hold out, and how he wants to be out there with his teammates once training starts. On a side note the Eagles need to get their acts together here considering the guy drafted right after him is already signed. Just get it done people! Anyways this is the type of attitude I would like to hear from the rest of our team. Most particularly the leaders. Instead we are hearing about players selfishly crying about reps in OTAs, we are hearing about semi-star receivers complain about new rules. We are viewing on this site people crying about the Eagles letting go of a guy who wanted to eat lunch in his car away from the team. Clearly Lane is a young man who gets it. I just hope the other guys who are being so selfish get shipped out or shape up before the corrupt this young man with their inflated egos and erratic play. Of course one of these inflated egos has another one of these young guns with the right attitude waiting in the wings. Matt Barkley is a 4th round draft pick. We all know this, but he's not lacking confidence in himself. He is coming to camp believing that he has a shot to win the starting job, and why shouldn't he? He's right to say that Chip Kelly "chose me" out of all the rest of the quarterbacks. We have all seen the spoiled one the past two preseasons... well sort of seen him. In 2011 Vick looked lost all preseason and his confusion carried right into the regular season to the point the Eagles never won a game against a team with a winning record with him under center. 2012 preseason Vick bowed out early due to an injury, and come the start of the season was he rusty! We all know how that turned out. Well THIS preseason Vick thankfully doesn't have the luxury to simply bow out. He's going to have to earn it, but if Mr. Peanut Brittle can't stay healthy guess who is going to get all of those first team reps he was complaining about sharing? That's right Matt Barkley a guy who today would be the best quarterback on the Raiders roster. Of course so would Dixon or Kinne. But enough about those Raider bums, this about how these two young guys get it. These two guys clearly still have a winning attitude. Hopefully they can follow their coach and get some of these older guys in step. You can't win with a losing mentality, nor can you win coddling a losing mentality. Even semi-pro athletes know that.... Well most of them anyways.

17 Comments:
  • like to see some slides of the vacation.
  • My wife and my girls just went to see my father in the hospital until he came out. My parents moved down to Dudley NC, but I'm trying to bring them back up north.
  • EZ doesnt vacation he brews.
  • Come on hollywood. I only kid you cause I care.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • I do think everything you wrote is a factor as to why these guys become they way they are, but I believe a good leader on the team can squash a lot of that kind of stuff. Peyton manning was by far the leader of the Colts. These aren't my words, this is what Kyle Eckel said on the radio about the Colts. Anyone got out of line there got gone. The Eagles lack leadership and there is no one side Dawkins left that has held players accountable. They had Kurt Coleman miked up for a game last year and he was trying, but average players like Coleman isn't going to make a player like Nnamdi do anything. Hopefully these two young guys can infuse some of this into their teammates.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • They haven't won a playoff games since the death of JJ and the departure of Brian Dawkins. In the grand scheme of things the Eagles failed miserably to replace both of these men. To think Juan actually had the same job as JJ is appalling. The list of Dawkins replacements is just as embarrassing. Between replacing McNabb, Dawkins, and JJ the Eagles have produced no real talent. That's why they find themselves in this position.
  • This is why Joe Banner will be forever vilified in Philly. He will always be known as the jack@$$ who let BDawk walk away. Does anyone really believe it's a coincidence that the Eagles haven't won a playoff game much less sniffed the playoffs since he left, JJ passed away, and McNabb was traded? It's exactly what I told my friends during the draft this year. If you want to know why the Eagles are where they are right now, look no further than their draft record.

To this day, I'm still pissed about them passing up Earl Thomas for Brandon Graham. I knew that was a bad pick before anyone else did.
  • Earl became a pro bowl player while Allen and Graham both have accomplished little in this league. I thought for a while Allen may become something, but once he got injured he seems afraid of contact. Bad draft choices are what set franchises back.
  • U can say that again. I think this year we had a good draft but we still have to see them hit another team who is full of guys trying to make their own impression. Can't wait for preseason.
  • I agree. I can't wait to see some games and see what we have in the draft and how the sophomore guys have improved. Everyone keeps talking about how great Cox has become. Well I would like to see it first.
  • As much as I have my concerns for the defense I'm excited to see them play. Poyer Kruger wolff, damion square is supposedly a great sign, Logan. We got Johnson ertz shepherd on offense. Our rookies seem great the youngster should continue to improve. Cox should be great at de. We got brown n boykins looking to push their playing time higher
  • I don't know if the competition will improve the talent of the players, but I certainly believe it will improve the drive of some of these guys. Last season there wasn't any challengers to the safeties, and nobody was going to supplant Nnamdi or DRC regardless of how they played even in the regular season. This year rookies like Poyer or a guy we all thought for lost in Curtis Marsh could make serious pushes for either playing time or becoming starters on how they play in camp and preseason. Competition raises the level of play for everyone involved. If Mr. Sconces thinks he's got a starting spot locked up just because they are paying him then he's going to have another thing coming. This is the first time in a very long time I'm just looking at players individually and how they win their individual battles. Before I would be more concerned at how the offense played or the defense meshed and if they could bring it all together by the end of preseason. This year I want to see who steps up and wins their battles. Who is pushing who for their playing time. Who is competing and who is just going through the motions. Then I want to see fi Chip kelly is truly who he claims to be or has he just been lying the whole time.
  • Here's what's funny to me. We have a guy say they are a top 5 team and everybody is patting him on the back for it as if SAYING it ACCOMPLISHES it, but here two guys are talking about coming in and putting in work they say nothing. You see these two guys are excited about the opportunity to get in there and work to get better. They aren't making statements about something they haven't accomplished. Even Glass Joe talked a little trash in Punch Out. Then he'd get punched out.
  • lets just hope this thing gets turned around. At this point, I dont care how or with whom they do it. But if they go with Foles they better be certain that he is ready to compete. I want a competitive Foles that will WIN games not make SOME good plays. By the way EZ, I hope things go well for you and your family. Believe it or not even though we argue and dont necessarily see eye to eye I think you guys(GTD) have given me alot of good information and opinions.
  • Thanks wood. As far as your feelings towards Foles well those are my feelings to any player. I don't care about a few flashy plays here or there. I want to see a winner. I'm tired of players talking about winning and not doing the job. They need to show some pride out there.

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

100 best players of the MLB expansion era

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Five-round NFL mock draft

Most sacred places in NFL history

10 greatest sports Bubbas of all-time

Hockey fights of the week

Reasons to stop playing recreational sports immediately

This week in MLB replay reviews

Brittney Palmer redefines sexy

12 college football coaches who are on the rise

Best bargain NFL free agents still available

2013 NFL rookies who could breakout in 2014

Grading college basketball's first-year coaches

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.