August 28, 2013

This Is A Big Game For Nick Foles.

Despite playing with scabs and backups desperately trying to make the roster, this is a big game for Foles. It's his last chance to leave an impression. Well at least until Vick gets injured in plays himself to the bench like he has in the past. This game Foles can leave a good or bad impression on everyone. If Foles comes out and has an outstanding game it will leave quite an impression on people, and also let Mike Vick know that he's still here so don't screw up. Sure many if the Foles detractors will simply say that it was against backups, but will ignore the fact Foles was playing with backups. Of course those detractors also ignore the fact Foles broke Eagles rookie records in completions, completion percentage, and yards while playing mostly with backups against other teams first string players all while having a lame duck coach. The Eagles aren't planning on drafting another quarterback next season, because they believe they already have their quarterback of the future. If Foles goes out there and lights up the Jets, and Mike Vick struggles within the first three weeks of the season (all winnable games) then the future could be sooner than we think.

15 Comments:
  • Hes a backup. Absorb it. Deal with it. Embrace it.
  • I would rather not embrace that. It would make this season starting Vick meaningless.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • All I know is the kid moves the ball when he's out there. That's more than can be said by some who are supposedly more talented. Two different systems in two NFL seasons and he's moved the ball. Everyone keeps saying how he doesn't fit this system and he STILL MOVES THE BALL! The Eagles have no reason to move on from Foles at this point. The haters (see above and the clown who liked his comment) will always hate, and it seems Foles will still keep moving the ball. The better he does the angrier the fools in the Vick camp (as opposed to the Eagles camp) will be. I'm not going to give Foles a pass for screwing up, and Vick will not receive a pass from me either. The truth is if Vick faulters and Foles lights this game up, the calls will start coming for Vick to be replaced. All in all I am happy the Eagles won't need to waste another pick on a quarterback next season, because I think between Foles and Barkley they are going to be fine.
  • Does fine mean a QB that can win a superbowl?
  • I sure hope so, because one of them are the only hope we have in achieving such a goal.
  • Oh OK. Then it wont be for a longtime.
  • So then who is the short term Super Bowl fix? Please don't tell me the guy who hasn't won a playoff game since 2004.
  • If the Jags game were a real game the Eagles would have lost by at least two touchdowns. The offense was anemic, and Vick was reverting back to his old self. The guy who he blames the media for getting rid of. That turnover machine that was leading the Eagles to nowhere fast. I don't care how dynamic a player can be if he's more trouble than he's worth. Vick with his own play is going to ensure Foles plays one way or another.
  • I am not a Mike Pick fan but I do hope for the sake of fans and the rest of the team that he is successful.
  • I think we all want Vick to be successful, but I don't think we all agree on what that success truly is.
  • It's obvious after the preseason that Foles is no where near Vick. Say what you will about Vick, but it's hard to find another player in the league that came to camp more prepared than he did.
  • But with Foles we would be much better off? Save the dribble. He lost to Vick fair and square. Over!
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Meet the 2014-15 Oregon cheerleaders

Pelini: Marijuana use is ‘out of control’

Highlights from Eli Manning's AMA

NFL suspends Aldon Smith for 9 games

Giants RP retires 46 straight to set record

HR legend tries to hit 186 MPH fastball

M's player goes after scout following taunt

Kenny Hill sets A&M record in upset win

2014 Heisman Trophy favorites

Shaw asked USC to change hero story

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts hospitalized

Tony Stewart to race again on Sunday

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.