June 11, 2013

This Quarterback Stinks!

Report: Raider QB Terrelle Pryor "unimpressive" at minicamp The future of former Ohio State star quarterback Terrelle Pryor does not appear to be a bright one. Pryor was unimpressive in his first day at the Oakland Raiders mandatory minicamp according to Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle. Tafur writes that Pryor has not shown much improvement since entering the NFL and his passes today were "wobbly and inaccurate". Pryor was also unimpressive during OTAs according to several Bay Area beat writers. It appeared that Pryor might have a chance to progress up the depth chart after the departure of Carson Palmer but both Matt Flynn and rookie QB Tyler Wilson seem to be ahead of him. We know it is early but the fact that the 6-foot-6, 233-pound quarterback can't even light up a padless practice cannot be an encouraging sign for the Raiders. Looks like not all of the Raiders are performing as perfectly as its been made out by some.

11 Comments:
  • (NOTE: This post has been up here for an hour. Now it cannot be altered from it's original form, so I will now deign to reply.)

Our starter is Matt Flynn.

Now let me line this up, because I don't want to get this wrong.
    (Clearing my throat)

You claim to NOT care about my Raiders but, you SPONTANEOUSLY went and sought out news about them. (giggle)

Next, to GET the spin you wanted, you ignored BOTH the more regular coverage of the Oakland Tribune AND the San Jose Mercury News, and went across the bay to San Fran, to get the words of a beat writer who spends his days between two franchises. (Chuckle)

When you finally decide on something to talk about, you focused on our BACK-UP QB, and you made a POINT of avoiding discussing our Starter. Not a single word. (LOL!)

Man, you're hilarious! And believe me, I was in the business to know. You got me wiping tears away! Please stop!

Regardless, Coach already made the call on this one. Flynn is The Man heading into Training Camp, but if he's outperformed then he'll lose that designation. So have fun taking shots at a guy who for all intents and purposes was on his way out the day the Palmer/Flynn trade was finalized.

But seriously, what exactly was the point of you writing this aside from showing us all that my posting about my Raiders now has you interested in the team?
  • As I said loads of difference from the college game to Pro...
    ask some //
    want names?
  • Flips right why did you post anything about the Raiders? Who cares? I shouldnt even respond to this but since EZ wrote this Raider post Ill give him an opportunity to redeem himself.
  • Why not? If flip can go in and in about how great the Raiders are I thought I would see for myself. First thing I saw wasn't as great as he's been making it out, and if he's going to flood the Eagles yard with Raider garbage ANYONE CAN. So anytime I see anything about how much the Raiders suck, I'm definitely posting it here until ALL Raider garbage goes where it belongs.
  • I look forward to it!

Dude I'm giddy!!! I'll actually have someone to discuss/debate FOOTBALL points with, regarding the Raiders!

Even more I think you'll gain a better perspective of the Eagles when you get to know the inner workings of another team. I know that's how it worked for me. Like DJax said, (paraphrasing) all you know is what you know. Now you'll get a chance to look back and forth and say "Hey! If this team can do it, then why can't this team do it?"

Totally changes how you look at the game. WELCOME ABOARD!
  • What r u 12?
  • YIKES! Go to NFL.com,
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000211517/article/oakland-raiders-quarterbacks-ripped-by-reporters

apparently ALL THREE QB's struggled yesterday. Lots of batted balls and some wounded ducks.

With it being all three, it indicates that there is something systemic that needs to be addressed. Depending on where the batted balls were happening (at the line or down the field), the problem might not be hard to fix at all.

If the batting was at the line, then tighter splits would reduce traffic in the lanes and discourage players from extending or leaving their feet (Well maybe not in shorts, but in pads it works like a charm.)

If it's down the field, it could be anything from a bad read, to timing, to delivery spot. And that's just on the QB's end! If it's a receiver issue, it could be a route run too shallow, not coming back to high point, or the receiver gearing down too much before the catch. Those are harder to fix because (as an observer I noticed) that both the QB and the receiver may blame each other for the error.

Batted balls get EVERY lineman on that side of the Center blamed by the HC himself. Results (if you have the talent) come quickly.

Well, this is Day 2 of 3. Just have to see how it goes.
  • Day 2 brought with it noticeable improvement.

If you go to the Raiders website you'll see a link for the press conference. You can watch it or read the transcript posted underneath the vid.

Looking forward to Day 3!
  • I blame this on
    Chip Kelly..
  • It's ALL HIS FAULT!!!!!!!!!
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

College football's most improved teams

Best MLB prospects by projected WAR

Gallery: Wrestlers dressed like dorks

Five QBs who Miami let leave Florida

NBA free agency and trade tracker

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

NFL coaches on the hot seat in 2014

The top 32 fantasy QBs for 2014

Best NFL player at every number

NFL cheerleader calendar blowout

NFL teams with best homefield advantage

Gallery: The best of Hannah Ferguson

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.