January 29, 2014

Warren Sapp Lives Up To His Last Name...No Doubt About That

Recently Warren Sapp made a comment about Michael Strahan not being worthy of the Hall Of Fame. Not only is this a completely moronic statement, it shows just how stupid this man really is. I mean why would you want to bring this kind of attention to yourself when the numbers you put up in your career were dwarfed by the man you are trying to make look bad. Need proof, here you go.

Sapp:

13 Seasons, 297 Total Tackles, 96.5 Sacks, 4 Int w/8 Return Yards, 8 FF

Michael Strahan:

15 Seasons, 429 Total Tackles, 141.5 Sacks, 4 Int w/124 Return Yards, 14 FF

Sapp must be THE STUPIDEST MAN ON EARTH or just a glutton for punishment. His numbers can't compare to Strahans. Michael crushed his sack number by 45 Sacks!!! His Tackle number by 132!! and Return Yards after an INT by 116, mainly because when Sapp picked one his fat rear end was immediately tackled becaue he couldn't run worth a damn. The 14 forced fumbled is almost double that of Sapps as well. Add to all this that Strahan holds the Single Season Sack Record, no small feat at all. Why Sapp was voted in last season is a mystery, and I'm not saying this just because I root for Strahans former team...the FACT of the matter is that Sapp can't hold Michael Strahans jock strap and is also one classless SOB as well. He is also one of the worst talking heads on NFL Network rarely knowing what the hell he's talking about. But he is good at one thing...living up to his last name, he does that very well.

15 Comments:
  • I won't say that Strahan doesn't deserve to go, but I wouldn't compare his and Sapp's numbers. NUMERICALLY Strahan's numbers dwarf Sapps. but remember Strahan played DE, while Sapp was almost exclusively a DT.

Despite Sapp having been a Raider, I still can recall back when he was a Buc calling out GB coach Mike Sherman or McCarthy saying "Put a jersey on! Put a jersey on!" after SAPP had put a dirty hit on a Packers player, and the coach had confronted him about it.

Watching Sapp call out a man with a head full of silver, made me want to grab MY pads.
  • That's right BF, he called out an old man which makes me dislike him even more. Latest word is that he wants to fight Strahan...I hope he does because Micheal will wear his big ass out. Strahan is a man you don't want to trifle with.
  • I most DEFINITELY had some mixed feelings when we signed him. There was no doubting his abilities, but I can't say I was thrilled when we got him. Hard to cheer on a man a man whom you have little to no respect for.

Funny thing though, I like how he just tells it, as an analyst. There's no pretense with him, and his football acumen (like his game) is undeniable.
  • Not sure what Sapp's thinking. They were both great players and deserve to be in the HOF.
  • Sapp is obviously just a hater...the class thing to do would have been to just be gracious and not say anything about another player. Strahan will get in and you can bet he won't lower himself to say anything about Sapp when he does. I for one am sick and tired of all the trash talk many athletes employ today...a players actions on the field should say it all.

• Sapp is the overrated player. I never thought he was that great. Too small. On the otherhand, Strahan could reak havoc. And had a great mental aspect to his game. He was more sophisticated , more powerful, more worthy and still is. . Plus remember Sapp in the most classless way called the Eagles weak hearted after they beat the Eagles in NFC champ. That was the first inuslt of the Eagles that really bothered me.
  • He's just over the top and needs to stop all the hating, I figure he must be a bit insecure if he feels it's necessary to keep blowing his own horn. Strahan just takes the high road which is apparently something Sapp is incapable of doing.
  • Sapp wasn't overrated. He was great just like Strahan. Unstoppable in their primes. Different personalities though. Sapp is an egotistical self centered moron. He was Richard Sherman before Richard Sherman was Richard Sherman. Strahan was a beast and just as successful in his second career as a broadcaster. I love watching the guy. The Giants have a great tradition because of players like Strahan and Brandon Jacobs. I love GR how the Delaware Seagull insults the Giant tradition. How shallow of a human being. Strahan wins this battle.
  • Most definitely Tony, I don't know what he hopes to gain by attacking Strahan. Like I said, he may just be jealous and insecure but he can't carry Strahan's jockstrap. Enjoy the Super Bowl...I'm saying Broncos 27 Seahawks 17. Everyone keeps saying defense wins Championships and that's true, but the Broncos defense is no joke either. Their offensive line has also played great as well because Peyton has only been hit once in the post season. Peyton takes the MVP as he rides off into the sunset after a Hall of Fame career.
  • I like the Broncos too GR. I thought the Patriots could establish a running game against the Broncos but they couldn't run on them at all. I have to take a Manning in a Super Bowl. 42-10 Broncos. Peyton wins the MVP.
  • Wow your picking a Blowout....gotta think Moreno will have a big day because all anyone is talking about is Beast Mode for Seattle, gonna be a great game. And now it's official...Strahan is in the HOF, maybe the voters held off last year because they wanted to see him go in when the Super Bowl was in NY. Go Broncos....although a Seahawks win wold mean that another team wins their first SB while the eagles still have none. :)
  • Warren Sapp says he asked Mike Strahan to forgive him http://on.nfl.com/1bR8Jb3 .

If I could have just 30 seconds with Sapp I would give him advice in the tone that he would give to someone else:

"Oh my goodness, big fella. If you don't say dumb things out your mouth, you won't need to ask forgiveness later."
  • So true ...so very true.
  • Good point Flip.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Storylines for each Week 1 NFL game

Welker suspended four games

Best, worst MLB players of August

Cowboys looking to add Michael Sam

Irsay suspended six games, fined $500K

NFL player's odd reason for face tattoo

Tebow drafted over Henne in fantasy

Texans, J.J. Watt agree on extension

WATCH: Pacquiao's tribute to NFL

Raiders name Derek Carr starter

Four Phillies no-hit the Braves

CFL team has reached out to Sam

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.