May 15, 2013

WE FANS WELCOME JOSH INTO OUR CRIBBS!!!

(Some of this is a re-post)

CALLING me a Josh Cribbs fan would be like calling a cat a fan of fleas. I think he's a flake and "me, myself and I" guy. He's an excellent KR-PR who blew his focus trying to wedge himself in at WR, in order to get a shot at a WR type contract. The only problem with that is that he can't play WR. If the guy understood things like route running, set-ups, seam rips and warps, or stemming his routes, he might have had a shot at putting that whole plan together. Instead what you have here is a KR-PR. 

No more, no less.

That said, I think Cribbs can help us. I think it gives Bobby April a weapon like he never had in Philadelphia, and it allows us to look in the mirror and say that we have a legit strength to build on. It also would give us someone who can make enough big plays per year, to send our Offense out there pumped up at the beginning of drives. 

Might not be a bad move.

I wrote that 6 days ago. In the time intervening Cribbs has gone from prospect to family. I'm not his biggest fan, but it's time to get behind him. I believe in his talent, it's his mindset I dislike.

I stand behind what I said before. I think Cribbs can help us despite what the Jets GM says about his knee. (Hard to trust the judgement of a guy who traded away Darrelle Revis, kept Mark Sanchez, saw Tim Tebow as anything other than a distraction, then drafted Geno Smith instead of developing promising young Greg McElroy.)

An article on NFL.com says that Cribbs can help us at WR since we lack depth/talent at the position. I have serious doubts about both of those statements as:

1) Cribbs simply has never been a credible WR and;

2) The talent of our receiving corps is being vastly undervalued due to injury, trying to squeeze some value out of DHB, and the top target on the team having been a TE. 

Today not ONE of those conditions still applies. Don't get me wrong! I'm not complaining that our WR's are undervalued. In fact I love it. It'll allow us to really take a couple teams by surprise next year. I just want it said that I said it FIRST. So when you hear "Who woulda thought that the Raiders WR's would blah blah blah"; and "Wow, we really underestimated these wideouts ability to blah blah blah"; and "Even without Carson Palmer the Raiders WR's are blah blah blah"; when you hear all that noise, I won't be just some guy on the bandwagon; I'll be the guy who BUILT and is driving that bandwagon.

Josh Cribbs won't help any of that, but he will give us a threat to put with/ rotate with/ replace Jacoby Ford. So at least in that way we just got a little more dangerous.

Gallery: The best of Elaine Alden

10 best scenes from baseball movies

Signs your MLB fantasy season is already doomed

Redrafting the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft

The greatest moments from non-playoff NBA teams

Five-round NFL mock draft

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

10 jaw-dropping stats from the NBA season

The longest homers of the week

Ranking the best NFL free agents still available

Updated NBA Draft early entries list

Honest NBA playoffs slogans

Gallery: The best of Barbie Blank

Breakout candidates for the NHL playoffs

Draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.