September 05, 2013

WEEK ONE: SILVER, BLACK, AND BLUE ALL OVER.

THIS isn't easy to say, but it has to be said.

The RAIDERS. Young, rebuilding, carrying key injuries already, and on the road. Against Andrew Luck and Reggie Wayne. Also DHB with a point to prove to the team that cut him. This has all the earmarks of an utter beating. 

I'll do no chest beating this week. No defiant pre-game boasts, or well thought out "ideas" on how we could pull this win off. In truth, I don't see a win here. Be nice if we could, but let's face reality here. If we can muster a pass rush, we could keep it close and then well...who knows. However, if we can't get pressure on the QB against a team like this: WE. WILL. GET. SHELLED.

That said, the Colts defense isn't exactly the Steel Curtain. Terrelle Pryor and RunDMC should be able to move the rock enough for Sea Bass to get us on the board a few times, so the score may end up looking closer than the game.

This week I just want the RAIDERS Offense to put together some confidence and find a few things in the passing game to hang our hats on. While again, the Colts defense isn't great, it is a legit NFL unit so it'll be a solid test of where we are, and can be a great catalyst in making significant early strides.

On Defense we get to go against a very solid Colts offense that also has some real-deal depth across the board; so it's likely they'll be able to sustain a rock solid attack without missing many beats if they get rolling. To even keep this game close, will require a level of discipline that has not been our calling card since I've been a fan. It will also require short memories from the Secondary and more rush creativity from DC Jason Tarver than he showed in the preseason. But until I see that creativity, I can't just assume it'll be there, so...

My Pick: Colts 35 RAIDERS 12

2 Comments:
  • Only way is to control the clock. Be more physical on offense than their defense and hope u get a turnover or two from a guy who will make a mistake or two.
  • It'd be nice, but first we have to force him into that mistake, and THAT is where we find the hard part.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Mayor egged for moving ballpark

Nike halts Peterson sponsorship

Fan drops wedding ring on field

Ronda Rousey rips Cyborg...again

NFL, NFLPA agree, players reinstated

Five NFL surprises after two weeks

Adrian Peterson out indefinitely

Tony Stewart case goes to grand jury

WATCH: Barkley bounces first pitch

Brandon Marshall calls out ESPN

Starks confirms hip-hop urban legend

Castillo 'likely' to debut Wednesday

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.