July 27, 2013

WE'VE ADDED A GUARD!

WHILE it was said that we'd be keeping an eye out for a waiver wire G, I didn't think that 34 year-old Andre Gurode was a name to watch for.

While he's been a 5-time Pro Bowler, and can also play C, I'm not sure that I see how he fits the team as anything more than a back-up at this point. Stefen Wisniewski is the C, Mike Brisiel owns the RG spot and Tony Bergstrom has earned (in my opinion) another year at LG. Unless the plan is to slide Wisniewski over to LG and Gurode into C, my guess is Gurode sits. 

We'll see.

2 Comments:
  • We lost a maclin!!!!!
  • Yeah, and it sucks to high heaven, for him (in a contract year) and the team.

They have like 70 WR's on the roster, and not one that I think can quite replace Maclin's speed and ability to find space underneath. They have Avant for routes underneath (if they keep him), and for speed to complement Jackson, I guess they have the rookie Shepherd, but since they'll be a running team...
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Adrian Peterson out indefinitely

Tony Stewart case goes to grand jury

WATCH: Barkley bounces first pitch

Brandon Marshall calls out ESPN

Starks confirms hip-hop urban legend

Castillo 'likely' to debut Wednesday

Nike pulls Peterson merchandise

Stanton posts pic of horrific injury

WATCH: Kemp, Puig argue in dugout

Minnesota governor: Suspend Peterson

Tim Duncan to appear in ‘Punisher’ comic

10 takeaways from NFL Week 2

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.