February 07, 2013

WE'VE ALREADY GONE MILES, LET'S GET T'EO!

MANTI T’eo could help give us one of the best Linebacker units in the league for years to come. While we could really use an ace CB, they can be found in Free Agency. Brent Grimes, Aqib Talib and Dominique Rogers-Cromartie come to mind. (Don’t let DRC’s stint in Philly scare you. No CB on Earth could have looked good in that situation. Just look at how bad they made Nnamdi look!)

We currently have Miles Burris and Phillip Wheeler killing it on the outside. In the middle we have Rolando McClain. Frankly I’ve not been impressed by him. Everything from his arthritic knees, to his constant legal troubles, to his immaturity and non-existent leadership. Nothing he does on the field, makes it worth putting up with what he does off of it. Reggie McKenzie has already had a sit down with him, and talk of cutting him is still in the air.

Manti T’eo makes cutting McClain possible. In fact it makes it wise and a nod to the future. We struck absolute gold with our 4th round pick last year in Miles Burris. We could seal the deal with a big move in the 1st this year. The idea of T’eo playing alongside two guys who could be his teammates for years to come, behind a massive D-line that will keep linemen off of him???

Yeah. Do that. Make that move. I’m with that!

10 Comments:
  • A DT? Why? We're about as stocked as any team in the league at DT. Tommy Kelly, Richard Seymour (if he comes back), Desmond Bryant... We need a CB, a top flight pass rusher to rotate with Shaunessy, and a MLB. We can do most of this in FA.
  • yea a fight brakes out....whos playing hockey today????
  • I've got one word to describe Manti. OVERRATED.
  • Overrated doesn't mean he can't play, it just means the hype machine needs to take a breather.

I'll take a sideline to sideline guy who, who can cover underneath and shed blocks, even if he isn't as good as his press indicates. I don't care if he falls short of his press as long as performs.

And no, I don't care how many Samoan ladyboys he falls for over the phone, as long as he wins in the phonebooth.

Update: February 08, 2013
    Overrated doesn't mean he can't play, it just means the hype machine needs to take a breather.

I'll take a sideline to sideline guy who can cover underneath and shed blocks, even if he isn't as good as his press indicates. I don't care if he falls short of his press as long as performs.

And no, I don't care how many Samoan ladyboys he falls for over the phone, as long as he wins in the phonebooth.
  • Bflip, I don't get a lot of time to spend on YB during the day. When I take the time to click and start reading a post I'd like it to be about the Eagles. Out of respect for other Eagle fans please consider what I'm saying.
  • I've already given this some thought, and I've decided to do the occasional Raider post on this page to direct others who like the Raiders BACK to their YB page. If traffic gets heavy enough, I'll migrate the whole thing.
  • posting about the raiders in the eagles yard...
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/genius
  • how about the SEACHICKENS

NFL teams with the biggest adjustments to make

10 of our favorite pitches by Baseball Prospectus

Best bargain NFL free agents still available

What your stadium food choice says about you

10 biggest misses by NFL Draft experts

Leanna Decker power ranks the NBA playoffs

Hockey fights of the year

Five ways to improve the NFL draft

Video: Stanley Cup celebrations since '49

Updated NBA Draft early entries list

Gallery: Dancers of the NBA playoffs

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Five-round NFL mock draft

10 best scenes from baseball movies

10 GIFs that sum up the Mike Woodson era in NYC

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.