December 31, 2013

What A Laugh...Eagles Fans Talking About Beating Carolina

First of all I am not beneath saying congrats to the Eagles for winning the NFC East. They did it and that's all there is to it...my Giants had a season to forget, even if they did finish 7-3 in their last 10 games. But in reading some of the Forum articles,(by one clown in particular), I have to laugh when I see that some Eagles fans are actually talking about how they could beat the Carolina Panthers should they face them in the Playoffs. Are you kidding me!!! Really...you're talking about beating a team in an imaginary game?!! A team the Eagles would stand NO shot at all of beating, because IF you played Carolina, their defense would destroy the Eagles in short fashion.

Hilarious stuff!!! First of all that would be putting the cart in front of the horse since you haven't even beaten New Orleans yet. And let's face it, Drew Brees is gonna be juuuust a bit tougher than beating Kyle Orton who hadn't started an NFL game in years. Orton would likely have gotten the Cowboys in FG range had he not tossed an ill timed interception at the end of the game Sunday night. And then it would be the Eagles and Lurie who would have to set tee times instead of Jones and the Cowboys,(yeah, that was a classy act by the City of Brotherly Love with that billboard thing). But the Eagles got it done and that's a fact.

What cracks me up is talking about beating opponents you are not even scheduled to meet because you haven't yet beaten the team you HAVE TO PLAY!!! Now all that said, should the Eagles get lucky and win the Saints game, and that is a huge 'IF' since Brees will have a field day on that defense, there is no way they beat the Carolina Panthers defense. Aside from Seattle, Carolina may just have the best defense in the NFC this year. They have something else as well. They have a QB who has finally seen the light and stopped making it all about him and started to make it all about 'Team First'. I called a Super Bowl of Denver and Seattle like many have, but really believe the team that can take the NFC is the Panthers. This has been a crazy NFL season and the Playoffs should be just as crazy. But crazier,(or just plain stupider), than that would be predicting a win against an opponent you are not even scheduled to meet. But that's to be expected from someone who never knows what he's talking about anyway.

18 Comments:
  • It's no secret that Brees and the Saints struggle on the road. There's a reason Vegas has us as a favorite in this game. I feel really good about our chances. We've had a problem with playing down to our opponents when they're missing key players. That shouldn't be the case the rest of the way. I don't want to spend too much time talking about Carolina because we're not there yet. It'll no doubt be a tough game between the NFC's top offense and defense.
  • You are one of the level headed Eagles fans Brinkster, so it wasn't you I was referring to. IT's the clown with the multiple ID's that he uses to hold conversations with himself, weazybeagle or some such nonsense. Anyway, CONGRATS on your teams NFC East title, they earned it.
  • I totally agree with your edification about this delusional fan base. And this is what crack me up...why is it that every time the Eagles escape defeat it's because they played down to their opponents if they beat their opponents by a considerable margin they're an elite team and if they get beaten badly their opponents got lucky? I thought the live games are the same shown on TV. Just because your QB have a passer rating equal that of Brady Manning and Bress that doesn't make him elite not even close. When a poorest Cowboys defense rattled Foles in their first meeting it wasn't a fluke and it showed up Sunday night. I saw to many 'jump ball throws" at least 4 intentional groundings only one was called. And this was against the worse defense in recent history. D Jax (it's what they call him) and Riley KKKooper combined for less than 50 yards. And now bring on perhaps the best defense in football. Yet what standing in their way is perhaps the second best offense in football. These fans are delusional..Mortal Lock!
  • I would agree that the eagles have gotten plenty of breaks but some recent superbowl winners have gotten plenty of lucky plays. It happens . And it just happens to be happening to us. But you have to give credit to chip. hes done a very good job of making Foles look like a rock star. I do think the Eagles can beat the Saints especially in adverse weather conditions. i just dont see the saints breaking through to the next level this year. Not feeling them. I think the eagles have some karma going on and it might land them in the NFC championship.
  • Dasucker, Foles did well this season but it was only a partial season and that does not make him elite by any stretch of the imagination...so I agree completely with you. Chip is to be congratulated for what he did this season, you can't take that away from him. But the Eagles are not winning a Super Bowl with that defense. It has stepped up a bit in recent weeks but it's still a disaster waiting to happen. You give up 48 points to a Vikings team without Peterson in the backfield and your defense has to be questioned. As rusty as he was Orton was playing very well in that game...he just ran out of luck at the end......and Hollywood, I will admit I don't think the Saints can get to the Super Bowl but I just think Brees is gonna have a big game if he gets the time to throw. He can make life miserable for a defense when he's clicking. And Ryan has the Saints defense playing respectably this year as well.
  • Parody has created these odd possibilities. There are no longterm plans anymore. With free agency and 5 year rookie contracts teams are swapping players every year. Its about health , chemistry, luck and a few solid leaders. Both the Eagles and Saints have both. On paper i would take the saints but in the unreal world of pro football the Saints arent marching anywhere.
  • In both games the Eagles made the Cowboys defense look adequate what other teams could do that?
  • Nice thread GR. Let me just say to Brinkster, congrats on the Turds winning the division. The man talks football unlike the kid from Delaware with the multiple id's. I think all fans respect Brinkster. This is foreign territory for the Turds GR. I can't see them getting past the Saints. They wouldn't have got past us if Tony was healthy. They did not impress me.
  • Happy New Year Tony. The kid from Delaware with the multiple id's as you like to call him, (I just call him a fool), has solidified his 'Fools' status with his comments about Carolina. Once again he is good for nothing but comic relief no matter which ID he is blogging with. Such a funny little man.
  • Happy New Year to you too GR. I saw your message. I sent you one back. I don't even think the li'l fella watches the games. I hope he never leaves because he is fun to fool with and provides us with comic relief. Happy New Year to you to Spottie. I know your reading GR's thread. Hope everything is o.k. with those beautiful grandchildren. Lol.
  • why not isn't it a game?
    ever heard the word UPSET?
  • The point is this Kelly....some fool was on here talking about the eagles being able to beat Carolina and they haven't even played the Saints yet. It's just foolish to look past an opponent, especially one you probably won't beat...like the Saints.
  • I dont think the Eagles are over zealous at tis point. There is a feeling that there is a tough road ahead. i think they are preparing to raise there play to a new level. Hopefully , they show up.
  • They may very well do just that, but I am sure Chip does not have them looking past the Saints like weezybeagle is doing.
  • Drew Brees, Marcus Colsten, Graham, Sproles, Thomas, Moore, Stills Saints getting 3-3 1/2. Eagles 30 Saints 21
  • I agree with you GR. Anybody with any football sense knows not to look past any opponent. This just shows how uneducated some people are on here. Hollywood knows the game.
  • Did you see how easy it was for Kyle Orton to complete wide open passes in the flat to DeMarco Murray? You did? Then I have two words for you: DARREN SPROLES. WAIT! Here's three more: IN OPEN SPACE.

Mychal Kendricks can't cover RB Sproles and TE Jimmy Graham at the same time, and no other LB on this roster can consistently run with either one. Oh yeah, and WR Marques Colston (often out of the slot), works over the middle A LOT. Keep in mind this is NOT some specialized package they run. The only player I named that's NOT part of their starting unit is Sproles, but he's on the field quite a bit when games are still in contention.

This means either the EAGLES will have to come out of their base 3-4 FREQUENTLY or spend the day ceding a mismatch somewhere. And Drew Brees isn't known for passing up kill shots.

So before we mouth off about Carolina, let's play this one first.
  • This thread shows how much more football intelligence you have GR than our multi id barker from Delaware. I don't think Choke Kelly looked past the Saints. I think Sean Payton is an NFL coach and Choke Kelly is still a college coach and it showed yesterday. You never look past any team. Regular season or playoffs. Great thread GR.
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

25 most memorable plays in NFL history

10 NHL players looking to bounce back in 2014-15

Most confrontational sports interviews

12 managers who are on the hot seat

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

The biggest busts in WWE history

Introducing the scale of NFL sadness

College football's most improved teams

Best MLB prospects by projected WAR

Gallery: Wrestlers dressed like dorks

Five QBs who Miami let leave Florida

NBA free agency and trade tracker

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.