August 15, 2013

What Are You Looking To Se Tonight?

#1Tackling: I want to see guys moving to the ball as a collective. Swarming to the ball carrier as a defensive unit to bring running backs down. I want to see players control their gaps and not get blown off the line or pancaked like Fletcher Cox was against the Patriots. I want to see guys make the tackle even if they give up the catch. I want to see at least two Eagles meet the running back on every run play. I would like to see a few tackles for loss as well. After last weeks performance, tackling should be the number one thing on everyone's mind on that defense. #2 Someone Grab Hold Of The Number 2 Receiver Spot: Maybe it will be Cooper, and maybe it won't, but I would like to see a guy step up and be dependable at the position. After Jackson, Avant, and Salas none of the Eagles receivers stood out. Today will be the day to make some plays for Cooper, Johnson, and even Clay Harbor. Somebody please step up tonight. #3 Carey Williams: I want to see him make some plays out there. I want to see a few pass break ups, maybe even an interception. Bring some of that legal toughness we all want to see. #4: Who Will Take The Lead: so far the edge has to got to Vick, but this competition isn't over yet. This may be the biggest start in The career of Nick Foles. He's going to have to really bring his best stuff, because all he has are doubters, naysayers, and skeptics. Oh by the way that's just his teammates. He's going to have to do far better than last week to usurp the thrown from the veteran. Especially if the vet is playing and maintaining a high level football like he is right now. If Foles faulters, he will have no one to blame but himself. #5: Let The Guys Who Did Well Last Week Run With The Ones: Damien Square, Bennie Logan, and Vinny Curry should get a chance to prove they can do it verses improved competition. I hope they can get a series or two to show what they can do. This is what I'm hoping to see tonight. What about you all?

12 Comments:
  • Please give updates . Im not sure its televised in Baltimore.
  • I think Vick is really distancing himself in this competition now. Two really bad mistakes for Foles two weeks straight. This offense has the potential to be REAL special this season. McCoy is gonna kill this year.
  • got to see it. thanks EZ. Its time the Qbs settle into their roles. Foles will get to see play time and he needs to concentrate on learning more and supporting Vick. Thats what a good #2 does. I think Kelly is smart enough to grasp the moment and make it official.
  • My viewpoint is this competition is over, but the coach hasn't mad that decision yet apparently. It's his call, but I fail to see what more needs to be done in this competition. With that being the case I don't think it's any question this competition was good for both players. This thing has brought the best out of Vick. If he can sustain it, and the defense can be at least average, they could end up being better than we all thought. There is no doubt in my mind they are going to score points this year. This offense is lightening quick down the field even with Foles under center.
  • I think Foles could develop into a very good player. He is a very nice #2 right now. The Eagles should be satisfied with that at this point and when the time is right this year with Vicks injury history or in the future when Vick is gone he may be ready to start. I said the same thing about Kolb. His confidence has been shattered by moving around and not being ready to be a starter in this league. Sometimes it takes patience.
  • Vick looked better last night but not by much. Foles had a long drive that ended in a pick in the back of the end zone, but it was something we have all seen every qb do. Under pressure tried to throw it away didn't have enough on it. He looked strong in the pocket. Vick looked good. That pick he had shouldn't be held against him. I just hope desean can teach the defense how to tackle.

The defense looked a lot better except for the secondary. I'm not surprised. They suck. Steve smith made Williams his b!tch more than once and even laid him down once to began the f&cking. Allen was out of position again and was caught. Fletcher was the best DB and that's not saying much. He got burnt by smith but had decent position on a couple perfectly thrown balls by newton.

The LBs looked good. Not great but good. Surprisingly cole looked good in coverage. Granted his back was to the qb and he was just running a sprint through his zone, but he kept up with the wr. The dline was playing like they found their balls so that was good. Thornton was a monster and just looked angry, I loved it.

As far as a second wr it sure wasn't cooper. Desean looked good with Vick. Avant looked good with anyone. Johnson was just himself nothing special. Salas continues to look good. It will be interesting to see how it plays out there.
  • Smith was targeted nine times and only caught three balls. Boykins had two pass defenses and made a nice one on a play near the end zone that would have been an interception had the receiver not put his hands all over him. I wanted to put this in another spot, but YB rules wouldn't let me. In regards to your question about Matt Barkley: Yeah and he hasn't been terrible. He's playing like a rookie. He's also made some really nice throws in space and has moved the football. I'm not telling you he's ready to start, but are you really trying to imply he isn't an NFL quarterback?
  • The only reason he didn't have more catches is cause the dline was forcing newton to make bad decisions. Smith was open all day plus he showed our DBs what a wr is supposed to block like. He made Williams his b!tch all night. Boykins has been our best DB there no denying that. But the wr barely touched him.

The offense stalls when Barkley comes in and given that he's playing against the same tier guys as him that's bad. His arm is weak as hell. He looks worse than Matt lienart did. He's at best a back up nfl qb.
  • Right now Barkley isn't an NFL starter, but the offense does move when he's out there. I disagree with you on Barkley and Leinart. I don't think Leinart takes his job seriously enough. Matt seems like a guy who is working hard, but isn't ready. He hasn't had a game where he's been terrible, but he's not in the league of the other two guys. I think Barkley has a future in the league. It may not be as a starter, but he can play in the NFL.
  • Too bad we can't Se your true ID anymore with it being banned and all.

Ranking the best NFL free agents still available

Updated NBA Draft early entries list

Honest NBA playoffs slogans

Gallery: The best of Barbie Blank

Breakout candidates for the NHL playoffs

Draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

100 best players of the MLB expansion era

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Five-round NFL mock draft

Most sacred places in NFL history

10 greatest sports Bubbas of all-time

Hockey fights of the week

Reasons to stop playing recreational sports immediately

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.