June 21, 2013

What Can Roger Goodell Do To Take Back His League?

What Can Roger Goodell Do To Take Back His League?

Seriously I'm asking! I do not have any clue on this one. In a year when the Super Bowl was won by a team with a player who have obstructed a murder in the past (who just so happened to glorified in that game), here we have a warrant soon to  be issued for the arrest of Aaron Hernandez.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/35658/Source--Arrest-Warrant-Issued-For-Aaron-Hernandez/Default.aspx

The league seems to have been taking a darker turn as of late despite the fact Goodell came into his job appearing to be a strict disciplinarian. It no longer seems to matter to the players, and now that they have negotiated themselves a lot of dead time it seems a few dead bodies are showing up. How is the league responding? The send repeat offender number one Adam Jones to go and speak to their rookies. All he shows is if I'm talented enough people will continue to forgive my indiscretions. Players have received extended suspensions from the league at it still isn't sinking though to these guys. To make matters worse there are players out there taking unnecessary risks  with their lives and possibly the lives of others. Desean Jackson jumping into his pool from the balcony of his house and filming it??? How can anyone who does something that stupid be considered a leader. Jason Peters thinking it was a good idea to drag race, but then to actually try to outrun the police? Just stupid. Don't get me wrong these acts aren't even close to the same level as someone being involved in the murder of another human being, but it's just showing the trend of where this league is headed if the Commissioner doesn't step up and do something quickly. It looks like trying to stop concussions is going to have to be put on the back burner for a while until discipline is restored to the NFL. Again this clearly isn't an Eagles problem, rather it's a league problem.

21 Comments:
  • WOW YOU'VE BEEN ADDED!
  • Added to what?
  • the hottest blog forums.....
  • The reason this site was "hot" in the first place was the link to McNabb. He was here blogging for a few years and people cam in droves to get a chance to correspond with him. The thing is he never wrote back. The funny thing is some people actually thought he wrote to them. He never did once. Once twitter blew up most of the people transitioned to that. Personally I have Twitter and have no intentions of joining on a regular basis. Still once the athletes went the people followed. Now all that is left are a few stragglers. Here's the funny part. The same people who think they are helping the site are the same ones who are placing articles about other teams in the wrong places and blocking new individuals. So if a new Eagles fan comes to this site, he or she will be greeted with a misleading blog about the Raiders, and then promptly banned. Yeah that sounds the right kind of formula to keep people coming back. In bizzaro world.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • I hope it wasn't his agent, because I was REALLY excited when I got those two responses. They were both brief, but I'm not a guy who is a fan of many athletes, and I've only reached out to a few of those: McNabb, Andy Reid, Freddie Mitchell, Hugh Douglas, and Stanford Routt.

If I were to find that the responses DIDN'T come from McNabb, I'd be pretty bummed about it.
  • The only true responses I received on YB by an athlete were from brendan haywood and from some WNBA female who's name I forgot. Haywood was great. He clearly wrote his own blogs, came out with controversial topics and engaged those who blogged on his messages regardless if you agreed with him or not as long as the people werent offensive. He never ran from his opinions and he never just wrote blogs about his next charity event. I remember most of the McNabb blogs to be nothing more than fluff stories. I agree with you Spots. Those McNabb stories were written and posted by someone else.
  • It always seemed to me that over the years McNabb seemed like coached individual. It's like you never really got the true him. Of course now when you hear some of the stuff that's been coming out of his moth I think we can see why he's been kept from talking about anything of importance.
  • I think the problem is Money all professional owners players are so much into their big business, screw us fans.. especially the young fan, No they have no money but in time they will, sports and yea a nimrod will say I'm sure that's the way it is , but does it have to be?
    here we have free agency that killed sports, no more committed relationship with one team....I see a dad buying a team jersey for his kid and only to find out at the time he bought it, The player is gone?
    this is why so many I know could care less about pro sports and more to college.
    and frankly that's getting to be a business, so screw education and sadly us poor Bastards who have to pay for our education get the shaft.
    used to be sports was entertaining now?
    cha ching cha ching....
  • These days the corruption in college sport has pushed me away. Far too many shady tactic used by the coaches and organizations to get the top recruits. The Penn State thing really was upsetting to me.
  • Are you kidding me "Easy" just the mention Of Penn state makes me wanna vomit... and I have no kids!
    this is exactly what I see this sports world heading towards I've blogged about it , The heck with child abuse we have football to play? why it took years to uncover???
    I will say it again If Sandusky had even looked at my boy?? I swear I'd ..and we will leave it that....
    and to watch his court case ?? him smiling like nothing was wrong ohh then lets add the blaming????
    hey every one knew theis was going on..they didn't want it to interfere with Lion football COUGH COUGH .....
  • I used to be a big PSU fan, but now I don't even watch. The NCAA has become nothing more tha professional sports exploiting young people for money.
  • boy you got that right ..so what's the solution?
    sweep it all under that carpet>>>>>>> that one over there<<<<<<.
    is it OK for a school like Oregon to have Uncle Phil Phil Knight founder of Nike, had it not been for him?
    Oregon would not have the sports facilities we have today as in Autzen Stadium ,football, Matthew Knight arena indoor sports , PK Park Mens baseball, outstanding sports complex sites..
    Up north ,Oregon State University doesn't have the money Oregon has ,so is it fair for them to work under the less money?
  • It's all corrupt. They give SMU a lifetime ban for the same actions schools like Miami, and OSU commit on a regular basis. They don't care about the student athlete. They don't care about the small schools. They only care about the green.
  • and sadly "Easy" your right
    To many don't give a rats behind...
    FAR TO MANY....
  • That's my reasoning for ceasing to watch college sports. And I used to be such a big fan too....
  • I know many who would rather watch the college game then pro sports.
  • I still occasionally watch some especially college basketball.
  • good you ever see Oregon play?
  • Not much of Oregon until this past year after Kelly became the coach of the Eagles.

Ranking the best NFL free agents still available

Updated NBA Draft early entries list

Honest NBA playoffs slogans

Gallery: The best of Barbie Blank

Breakout candidates for the NHL playoffs

Draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

100 best players of the MLB expansion era

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Five-round NFL mock draft

Most sacred places in NFL history

10 greatest sports Bubbas of all-time

Hockey fights of the week

Reasons to stop playing recreational sports immediately

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.